autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking to move from gas to electric power washer…suggestions?

I currently have a Simpson 3,000PSI 2.4GPM power washer that I use for detailing the cars. It works fantastic. It has tons of power and cleans the wheels and everywhere else like a champ. It runs a foam cannon like nobody’s business. It’s also extremely loud and I’m tired of listening to it when getting things cleaned up. I also live where the summers are pretty rough, therefore, I’d like to get things detailed earlier in the day without infuriating my neighbors.

I’ve seen the YouTube videos and Google searches, but I’m wondering what those here would suggest?
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport
    2018 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS / 1LE

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking to move from gas to electric power washer…suggestions?

3. Likes Hammer77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a SunJoe SPX3000 and really like it....although I doubt it will make foam like your Simpson does

Post Thanks / Like

Ditto. Sunjoe 3100 (w/ takeup reel) and it requires an adaptor or 3 (see prior threads) since they use the M22-15 size connectors (European whereas Americans use M22-14 (or is it the other way around)). I got a smaller orifice from MTM and w/ 1.5-2oz of shampoo, it foams just fine (newer MTMs come w/ the alternate orifice (the original orifice is/was for higher pressure/flow washers).

6. Likes SWETM, itsmebrad liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ar630 tss
    '03 Corvette Z06

8. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

When you come from a gas PW and move down to a electric PW. I would look at one with the highest specs possible that your electric outlet can handle. Moveing down in the power between gas and electric PW. And go with the lower specs electric PW you will be disappointed I think. Then it's much how you use the PW. If you use the water pressure from the PW to clean with and not just as a hose and rinse with. Then you would be fine with a lower specs electric PW. If you use the foamcannon a lot and clean with the water pressure from the PW then a higher specs electric PW is what I would look to get. IME the higher gpm from the PW is more important to have than a high psi. Saw that Sunjoe has one SPX1501 that seems to be a Good specs on. Sunjoe also have a 9000 series that have the specs a lot like the kränzle PW specs. Little more pricey than the regualar PW but still don't near kränzle prices. If you are certain of use the PW a lot and want to have it a long time and be able to buy spare parts if necessary. Kränzle quality is hard to beat and will be the last PW you buy if you don't want other ability from an electric PW. The kränzle 1122ts I think is the consumer PW. Then you have the stationary from them too. Like the 9000 series Sunjoe is. Griots Garage released one with their BOSS foaming system which looks good. And if you where to get it with the lifetime warrenty they seems to be offering on this one too. That could be of a great value to have. The AR630-TSS that was recommended above has a great specs for an electric PW.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have one to really recommend but will say I have a commercial belt driven with Honda motor and Cat Pump. Its a workhorse with hundred of hours on it. I always discounted an electric 110V pressure washer. However, a few weeks ago I saw one of the cheap electric greenworks from Lowes on sale for $79. I thought" what the heck, that's cheaper than what my turbo nozzle cost." I absolutely love the little guy. Its not going to take place of the big one for large expanses of concrete, but for small tasks it is so much more convenient than the big gas unit. Plus, with the auto shutoff there is no fear of the motor pump overheating and no constant loud barrage of noise.

11. Likes VISITOR, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I run an sunJoe SPX3000 - it's rated @ 1.75 GPM / 2000 PSI - so a little less than your current gas PW - but fully sufficient.

It does require a longer hose for sure - and as noted that get's a little tricky. I just talked with MTM though and ordered a slew of parts (New Hose/Gun/Foam Cannon/Quick Connection Parts)

The key is MTM is looking to produce the proper connection for SunJoe PW to make it all connect seamlessly - but the bad is it requires more $$ in parts than the initial PW cost.... I will try and document my new parts once they arrive.

13. Thanks jebfour thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I second this! This is a great set up and Zach did his homework, easily surpasses the 2 previous Karcher units I have had. Its quite and supplies ample power, and with the 50ft. hose can easily go around a vehicle.

Post Thanks / Like

Kind of facing the same problem, have a gas unit that works fantastic but I like to do my washes early in the morning and now live in a neighborhood where I'm certainly irritating my neighbors as the unit is loud. Debating to just let them keep hating me or get an electric unit lol.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast