First off, no pics. Sorry about that. Wife came home last night with some bad scratches on the hood. Looks like somebody dropped something on the hood and it slid down toward the front. I could not get good light in the garage for pics and it's raining out now.

Deep scratches on hard paint. I'm a novice at polishing and sanding and did not want to take sandpaper to her beloved Boxster. Started out with Menzerna 400 and an orange LC pad. I knew from experience this would never work, and I was right. Moved to a yellow LC pad. Nope. Went to Menzerna 300 and a Yellow pad. Better, but no. Menzerna 300 and a 3" MF pad was getting the scratches out but also leaving the paint looking like I'd take 3000 grit paper to it.

Pulled out a Rupes 3" green pad and Rupes Coarse polish. This worked fantastically well. Removed the scratches faster and didn't leave the paint looking bad at all. Followed with Menz 400 and and orange pad and Menz 3500 and a white pad. Looking good. Scratches are 95% gone. If she doesn't call me on it, we're good. This was all with my GG6 btw.

FYI, I have both a Rupes coarse pad (blue) and a CarPro flash pad. Really did not want to use those on the hood and relived I didn't have to. Have used them on lower panels for deep scratch removal.

If there's a better and equally safe way to get rid of scratches on hard paint I'm all ears.