autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

How To Use Carpro Reload on Black car with ppf

Can anyone give me guidance on how to do this? Will be my first time. The ppf does not have a ceramic coating, or any coating currently. My car is black. I've heard for a black car you have to dilute at 1:1 ? Does this mean equal portion water for every portion of reload? Does this mean I need to buy a seperate spray bottle in order to create the mixture?

Last, what about the other parts of the car, such as the rubber trim, plastic trim, and glass? Can it get on that? I take it I don't need to go to the extremes of taping the rubber trim? Thanks very much.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How To Use Carpro Reload on Black car with ppf

If you dilute it then yes at 1:1 it is a 50/50 mix. It can be used on all surfaces. Try using it undiluted first and if you get streaking tweak your application and removal process. If you are still having issues then try diluting it or using a damp towel.

If you use it be sure to use two towels. One to apply and one to remove.

3. Likes JustJesus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Like Guz said, use two mf towels. Spray Reload on one panel and give one mf towel a spray to use with spreading out the product. After spreading the Reload over the panel, take the second mf towel and buff any residue off of the surface. I've never had any issues with streaking and I don't dilute it. Reload is super easy to use.
    2018 Ford F150 - Ruby Red Metallic
    2019 Honda Odyssey - Obsidian Blue

Post Thanks / Like

I like to use Reload neat. I get better results spraying Reload on a 4X4 microfiber applicator spreading on two panels and using a clean soft mf towel wipe the first panel, flipping often and do the next two panels and go back and wipe the 2nd panel and continue to do the same. Always have fresh clean mf on hand. BTW my car is also black.

Post Thanks / Like

As others have said, the key is to have a clean (!) and dry(!) high gsm MF towel to wipe off after application.

If it still streaks, and the streaks are not changing/moving, then you've waited too long. In this case try reapplying Reload diluted 2:1 to and wipe off immediately. If it still streaks, and the streak lines are changing/moving, then you have to wait a little bit more until it's dry enough, so you can wipe it off with the towel without leaving back any streaks/residue.

If the towel gets wet, you'll get streaks. If the towel gets full of Reload residue, you'll get streaks. If you don't flip the towel often enough, you'll get streaks. If you try to wipe it off by moving the towel left to right, up and down, you'll get streak; always move the towel in a circular motion. If you do not wash (and I mean with a washing machine) the wipe-off towel often enough, you'll get streaks.

Also
    - better use a MF covered foam applicator block to apply Reload (instead of a simple low pile MF towel), because it will allow you to spread the product more evenly and thinly, without actually removing it,
    - do not use too much of the product (because little goes a long way, and you're only leaving back a <1 micron layer anyway)
    which in turn will all help you to wipe off any residue faster and cleaner.

7. Likes VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by itsgn View Post
    Also
    - better use a MF covered foam applicator block to apply Reload (instead of a simple low pile MF towel), because it will allow you to spread the product more evenly and thinly, without actually removing it,
    - do not use too much of the product (because little goes a long way, and you're only leaving back a <1 micron layer anyway)
    which in turn will all help you to wipe off any residue faster and cleaner.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is one video

10. Thanks VitreousHumor thanked for this post
    Likes VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally got around to putting this on. I found it super easy to apply. Far easier than I thought it would be. Used a MF covered foam applicator block to apply as was suggested here, and then a mf towel to wipe off. Easy Peezy. I did not add any water as the person in the video did. Did not see any need to.