autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griots Poly looking good.

Great stuff !! I darn near laugh every time I look back after a good rain...I have had it last 6+ months here in Northern Florida.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    It’s decent with the 2”. The 5mm throw is just too small to do any efficient correction. 8mm would have been much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    with a FAST cutting microfiber pad (no foam interface) it amps up the correction, even when using that pad with the 3" backing plate that it comes with. but yeah, you gotta use what works for you. speaking of 5" throw (orbit) polishers, you sold your recently purchased forced rotation DA already?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post

this is question is for anyone who has used this ^
    can it be used in a bucket wash and if so, how many ounces per gallon or per instructions state?
    My understanding of the Surface Wash is that it’s designed to be foamed onto a dry car, pressure wash rinsed off, then followed with a conventional contact wash method (waterless/rinseless/bucket wash) if you still have dirt on the surface. It does a really good job of dropping surface dirt making for safe washing after. I’ve gotta drag over my write up from the sister site from my experiences with it.

Looking at the Q and A at the Griots site, they do say you can foam it on, allow it to dwell for 5 minutes, then wash with it still on the car, but they mention in another answer that it’s meant for use in foaming sprayers/guns (I read that answer as it’s not designed as a pour-in-the-bucket soap, especially paired with all the other info I’ve read about it).

4. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There’s like thousands of car shampoos to pick from, why would you choose this for bucket washing? Just sayin.

Post Thanks / Like

There's NO DOUBT that the GG FSW is for foaming, pre-wash only, its consistency alone tells you that. I mentioned before that when my car is just dusty from days of driving that I'll foam the car with FSW, let it dwell, rinse off and then dry but then again my car is coated and topped pretty well so the dirt doesn't stand a chance between that and FSW!
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    My understanding of the Surface Wash is that it’s designed to be foamed onto a dry car, pressure wash rinsed off, then followed with a conventional contact wash method (waterless/rinseless/bucket wash) if you still have dirt on the surface. It does a really good job of dropping surface dirt making for safe washing after. I’ve gotta drag over my write up from the sister site from my experiences with it.

Looking at the Q and A at the Griots site, they do say you can foam it on, allow it to dwell for 5 minutes, then wash with it still on the car, but they mention in another answer that it’s meant for use in foaming sprayers/guns (I read that answer as it’s not designed as a pour-in-the-bucket soap, especially paired with all the other info I’ve read about it).
    thanks for the response. if i do a pre-soak with foaming surface wash, i'll most likely end up doing a bucket wash (make sure it's completely clean) after so that's my reasoning for asking on the directions for the dilution. i would rather use the same wash when doing so rather than a different one...

8. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    thanks for the response. if i do a pre-soak with foaming surface wash, i'll most likely end up doing a bucket wash (make sure it's completely clean) after so that's my reasoning for asking on the directions for the dilution. i would rather use the same wash when doing so rather than a different one...
    Makes sense. Any time saved during washing is a God-send to me.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123