autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Menzerna is releasing 2 new polishes.

Yeah that is the downside of changeing names on these kind of forums. But often it's noticed somewhere. The biggest is I think to get some downside of certain things to each of our own to have a reason to not test certain things. And the Menzerna has don't been the greatest at handling the name shifting. But if you are interested enough to try out a product. I think it's kind of easy to get the information about it. Then Menzerna has not been to direct their products to the consumer level. They have it more to the car industrie and also to a whole other industrie than detailing. Here comes my problem with the english language to describe it. But manufactures that does produce different products out of metall. Grinding and polish metalls from factory is the biggest parts for them. They also does polishes to other brands with their abrasive technology.

Then some companies use 3-5 pads and then let you find the right abrasives for your work. And some have a bigger line of pads to use with less of abrasives products. One benefit with Menzerna I think is their polishes works on most paints and with different polishers and with most of the pads too. If where to polish alot with a rotary polisher. I would test out the Menzerna line of products. Since there they do excell. And most of there polishes works good when you hand polish. The 400 and a mf towel to polish under the door handles is something that works great. And you can use that on other hard to reach areas too.

For many years Menzerna and Meguiars and 3M was the class leaders in the abrasive technology. But later years alot of brands has catched up and some going ahead of them. Just try to say that Menzerna is worth to try out if you want something else in your arsenal to reach for. Wolfgang and some other has the Menzerna abrasives in them. And with Menzerna you have the option to dial in what works on specific paint types that you can be struggle with. So is if you only use Menzerna you can be needing to look into other brands that Menzerna don't works great for you. Forgot to mentioned when the ceramic clearcoats came out. Menzerna was asked to find the abrasives technology that worked on those paints for the car industrie.

Yes I have heard that Meguiars testing some products in Asia and EU sometimes. Their coating is one product that is of right now offered here. Where I buy my domestic detailing company brand. They have got Meguiars Top Coat in just recently. It's the maintance product to the Meguiars M188 Deep Crystal coating. It works as a topper on any LSP too. Has a recommend cure time over night without any rain or moisture. So basicly needs to be garaged after application. Could maybe be done outside if you do it in the morning and has it standing outside to cure. I do have so many toppers but is interested to get it to try out and do a review of it on the Autopia forum
    Did a little digging and seems to be that m188 is mostly applyied by installers. And it has been out since at least 2014. Wonders why it's not offered in the US? Or maybe it is.

2. Likes Dr Oldz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    Very interesting! Wonder if this means another renaming of all the products again? I like a lot of Menzerna polishes but I wish they would have just used one naming system. I know a lot of detailers that stopped using Menzerna because it just got too confusing.
    totally agree. that and rebranded and sold under jescar. if you're not paying attention all the time you have no idea what to buy next time you're low. I've had such good results with 400, 3800 (3500 now i think haha) and powerlock that I want to keep using them, but man it gets confusing.
    2009 Pontiac G8GT
    2015 Ford Explorer Limited
    2019 Chevy Silverado RST Z71

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Yeah that is the downside of changeing names on these kind of forums. But often it's noticed somewhere. The biggest is I think to get some downside of certain things to each of our own to have a reason to not test certain things. And the Menzerna has don't been the greatest at handling the name shifting. But if you are interested enough to try out a product. I think it's kind of easy to get the information about it. Then Menzerna has not been to direct their products to the consumer level. They have it more to the car industrie and also to a whole other industrie than detailing. Here comes my problem with the english language to describe it. But manufactures that does produce different products out of metall. Grinding and polish metalls from factory is the biggest parts for them. They also does polishes to other brands with their abrasive technology.

Then some companies use 3-5 pads and then let you find the right abrasives for your work. And some have a bigger line of pads to use with less of abrasives products. One benefit with Menzerna I think is their polishes works on most paints and with different polishers and with most of the pads too. If where to polish alot with a rotary polisher. I would test out the Menzerna line of products. Since there they do excell. And most of there polishes works good when you hand polish. The 400 and a mf towel to polish under the door handles is something that works great. And you can use that on other hard to reach areas too.

For many years Menzerna and Meguiars and 3M was the class leaders in the abrasive technology. But later years alot of brands has catched up and some going ahead of them. Just try to say that Menzerna is worth to try out if you want something else in your arsenal to reach for. Wolfgang and some other has the Menzerna abrasives in them. And with Menzerna you have the option to dial in what works on specific paint types that you can be struggle with. So is if you only use Menzerna you can be needing to look into other brands that Menzerna don't works great for you. Forgot to mentioned when the ceramic clearcoats came out. Menzerna was asked to find the abrasives technology that worked on those paints for the car industrie.

Yes I have heard that Meguiars testing some products in Asia and EU sometimes. Their coating is one product that is of right now offered here. Where I buy my domestic detailing company brand. They have got Meguiars Top Coat in just recently. It's the maintance product to the Meguiars M188 Deep Crystal coating. It works as a topper on any LSP too. Has a recommend cure time over night without any rain or moisture. So basicly needs to be garaged after application. Could maybe be done outside if you do it in the morning and has it standing outside to cure. I do have so many toppers but is interested to get it to try out and do a review of it on the Autopia forum
    Did a little digging and seems to be that m188 is mostly applyied by installers. And it has been out since at least 2014. Wonders why it's not offered in the US? Or maybe it is.
    Meguires seems to think that coatings are too hard for people in the US to get right. They have been selling coatings in other markets for awhile.

5. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Meguires seems to think that coatings are too hard for people in the US to get right. They have been selling coatings in other markets for awhile.
    If I remember right, it was the beading vs sheeting thing they got hung up on.

7. Likes SWETM, PurpleTowel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What was the beading vs. sheeting issue? People are measuring beading and they're selling sheeting? Vice-versa?
    2006 LR3 White // 2014 Boxster Agate Gray // 2012 Sentra Aspen White
    Sealant test resultsxxxxxDilution ratio chartxxxxxWheel cleaner info

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RippyD View Post
    What was the beading vs. sheeting issue? People are measuring beading and they're selling sheeting? Vice-versa?
    Meguiar's stance is that sheeting is better for long term paint care, but the buying public in North America is more concerned with water beading. That's why they give us products that form beads on the paint.

This even shows in their current product line. While M21 for example doesn't have the duration that say Ultimate Liquid Wax has, in the short term I seem to get more usable protection. In terms of sprinkler and rain water, M21 seems more resilient, where ULW tends to spot more.

10. Thanks JustJesus thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM, PurpleTowel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting. I have to admit to not really understanding beading. I keep trying to find significant beading action in my sealant tests and I just don't see it. Could be I don't know what to look for. With sheeting the water is gone. With beading it's just in little piles as opposed to being spread out. It seems like beading would have to enable spotting(?).

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, beading causes spotting. The thing with that Meg's coating that's sold in southeast Asia, is that I guess there is a lot of pollution, and a lot of rain, and the rain causes horrible spotting if your LSP beads, so they sell that one targeted to that market to sheet. This was discussed some years ago on MOL when someone discovered that Meg's was selling a coating, but not here in the US.

13. Likes GEM65, rlmccarty2000, PurpleTowel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RippyD View Post
    Interesting. I have to admit to not really understanding beading. I keep trying to find significant beading action in my sealant tests and I just don't see it. Could be I don't know what to look for. With sheeting the water is gone. With beading it's just in little piles as opposed to being spread out. It seems like beading would have to enable spotting(?).
    Have you tried with a very fine mist setting on a spray bottle with water. To build up the water amount so the LSP form their beading behavior. It's like to mimic a fine rain.

The beading vs sheeting or sheeding is a battle where some like the other more and vice versa. I think I'm going to describe it as how well beads runs off the paint. Is it something like sliding angle you can measure in a lab. That's what I'm after from my LSP. The closest thing I can describe it is the difference water runs off with Ultima PGP vs Gyeon Wet Coat. Where Wet Coat clears much more water off when raining. While I get more beads from Ultima PGP. And higher and tighter beads from Wet Coat. As I understand it it's a difference how well a lsp is sheeding water. But some don't want that but as much as beads as possible.

Post Thanks / Like

I have tried with a spray bottle. Even sealants that aren't sheeting at all seem to bead. Even sections with no product will bead. I can't see a significant difference. Likely I'm not doing it right.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast