autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Has any used Gtech Exo on glass. I need a windshield coating suggestions welcomed

Bought something called notouch has special abrasive in it so I’m doing Ceri glass rotary, then no touch da then applying g1

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Has any used Gtech Exo on glass. I need a windshield coating suggestions welcomed

Quote Originally Posted by Mgavin1985 View Post
    Bought something called notouch has special abrasive in it so I’m doing Ceri glass rotary, then no touch da then applying g1
    Sounds like over kill if your using a rotary with Ceriglass to prep. G1 is still not the easiest to remove without streaking.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Good luck, not the most friendly glass coating to apply.
    I second that.

BUT, it lasted 2 years on my car with awesome results. Wipers started skipping, so that's when I went with 22PLE at that point. That lasted two years. Cancoat currently...but I have a bottle of McKee's just itching to be opened.

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | Gyeon Syncro | Gyeon Cancoat

Post Thanks / Like

Hey how did the can coat work I have some off that laying around? I love can coat!!!

Is g1 the coating u have to put on your wiper blades too or is that view?

Post Thanks / Like

It was over kill did want to see buffer trails from rotary I polished the #### out of it until it got dark I will know on my way to work if it was worth it!!! The felt pad was jumping around On long throw the rotary was smooth I then went over with a lake county purple on both machines . I originally tried web order cerium oxide the orange stuff mixed with water that did more damage than good about 2 months ago I have been putting this off for a while so I had to clean up self induced swirls from the garbage I bought on eBay that reason for blitzkreg on my windshield What a f-ing mess. I didn’t move the other cars out of my driveway they got cover in the white fling off i taped mine up so words of wisdom here make sure your other cars are 10 feet away I’m just hoping to get back to the windshield I started with. Be happy with that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    If you don’t want to spend the money on opti-glass then Mckee’s and CarPro FlyByForte are good alternatives.

GTechniq has their glass coatings but I have not used them.
    Sound advice. Mc Kees as lasted me well over a year. Including nasty PA winters.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks I’m in pa too....WINTERS COMING!!!

Post Thanks / Like

So I put it on very good seems more durable just drove from NY to DE 5 hours in non stop rain held up good.i had some bad chatter right when I applied so I took wipers off and put a couple layers of can coat on it helped still slight chatter on drivers side blade but it’s a cheap one so I will replaced cause chatter really bothers me for some reason.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mgavin1985 View Post
    Thanks I’m in pa too....WINTERS COMING!!!
    Do you have any suggestions to protect the car against dragons and ice walkers?

Post Thanks / Like

Had Opti Glass Coating on 3 windshields. Wasn't crazy about it. Wiper skipping on 2 of them even after changing wiper blades and doing other stuff suggested by Opt. I run wipers about 8 months out of the year so... coating is really not going to last at all. I do like it on the other windows. Not blaming Opt - I think any coating would have been the same. Th

I use either Opti Glass cleaner, which has a water repellent in it or DG Rain Repel. Both work very well. (I try to use both on the same car.) Using this every couple of week is very helpful for keeping water running off the glass.
    2006 LR3 White // 2014 Boxster Agate Gray // 2012 Sentra Aspen White
    Sealant test resultsxxxxxDilution ratio chartxxxxxWheel cleaner info

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast