autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: Plz help: Which all-in-one goes with ceramic coating?

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post

I believe (Essence guys correct me if I’m wrong) that if you purchase Essence, it can replace M205 as your finishing polish, and the panel wipe after Essence would not have to be as thorough as the panel wipe you would need to do to remove the very oily M205 residue.

You are correct. CarPro Essence is a unique product, at least I think it started this concept of making a finishing polish also a prep polish before applying a coating so you can skip the chemical stripping step.

From the AG store page

CarPro Essence Xtreme Gloss Enhancer 250 ml

The Sio2 Quartz protection incorporated into the CarPro Essence Xtreme Gloss Enhancer formula leaves a strong layer of protection behind, with minimal effort. However, CarPro Essence Xtreme Gloss Enhancer is the perfect prep polish when used before applying a coating of CarPro CQuartz. After being polished with CarPro Essence Xtreme Gloss Enhancer, your paint will bond quickly and effectively with CarPro CQuartz, or even CarPro Reload, creating a hard layer of protection.

2. Likes VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    You are correct. CarPro Essence is a unique product, at least I think it started this concept of making a finishing polish also a prep polish before applying a coating so you can skip the chemical stripping step.
    So Mike, you took time to give me info about Pro Primer Polish on another thread last week. BF Pro Primer Polish differs in that it should NOT be used to correct marring from the compounding stage, since it has no abrasives, correct? In other words, one should use a finishing polish for a not brand new surface first, compared to Essence doubling as both finishing polish and filler/primer.

I’m trying to determine if BF could somehow do the finishing polish step assuming the high quality swirl removing step leaves the finish in decent shape... or does the lack of abrasives mean I should DEFINITELY use a finishing polish first?

Mike Phillips

So Mike, you took time to give me info about Pro Primer Polish on another thread last week. BF Pro Primer Polish differs in that it should NOT be used to correct marring from the compounding stage, since it has no abrasives, correct? In other words, one should use a finishing polish for a not brand new surface first, compared to Essence doubling as both finishing polish and filler/primer.

I’m trying to determine if BF could somehow do the finishing polish step assuming the high quality swirl removing step leaves the finish in decent shape... or does the lack of abrasives mean I should DEFINITELY use a finishing polish first?
    Correct.

You could use the BLACKFIRE Pro Primer Polish AFTER using a normal polish instead of using a spray on solvent to chemically strip the paint.

5. Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby B. View Post
    Blackfire Pro Primer Polish, Gyeon Q2 Primer, Britemax Virtue and CarPro Essence Extreme Gloss Enhancer are all considered a one-step product for ceramic coatings. These are extremely fine polishes and are perfect for prepping a brand new vehicle for a ceramic coating.

BLACKFIRE Pro Primer Polish
    GYEON Q2 Primer 1000 ml.
    Britemax Virtue SiO2 High Gloss Primer Polish
    CarPro Essence Xtreme Gloss Enhancer 500 ml
    Hello,

I am ready to do the Wolfgang coating on my Denali. Are the above products compatible with this coating? I was thinking of using mckees37 fine polish, my truck already has a great deal of gloss and very few swirl marks that you have to look for. Can I use the fine polish or would I be better off with what is listed above?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waterman View Post
    Hello,

I am ready to do the Wolfgang coating on my Denali. Are the above products compatible with this coating? I was thinking of using mckees37 fine polish, my truck already has a great deal of gloss and very few swirl marks that you have to look for. Can I use the fine polish or would I be better off with what is listed above?

Thanks
    Yes, these products are compatible with the Wolfgang Coating. If you use the McKee's 37 Fine Polish you will need to follow up with a Paint Prep Spray before applying the coating. The paint prep spray will remove the oils from the surface, so the coating can bond properly.

BLACKFIRE Paint Prep

Post Thanks / Like

Hello,

Thanks
    The fine polish will require a panel wipe or two; or one of the above prep polishes afterwards, to remove oils. If you are content with the gloss and swirl marks, use Mckees Coating Prep Polish, or BF Pro Primer. If you want light finishing and no panel wipe after, try Essence.

Post Thanks / Like

The fine polish will require a panel wipe or two; or one of the above prep polishes afterwards, to remove oils. If you are content with the gloss and swirl marks, use Mckees Coating Prep Polish, or BF Pro Primer. If you want light finishing and no panel wipe after, try Essence.
    Thank you for the replies. I have two bottles of Wolfgang perfekt paint prep in addition to mckees37 n914.

10. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Good thread, lots of confusion but lots of clarity provided.

:dlthumb2:

Post Thanks / Like

Hello,

Thanks
    Sorry to keep this thread going. I only have about 4 ounces left of the fine polish and about 8 ounces of the griots perfecting cream. I was thinking of ordering more of the fine polish but was wondering if I should order the essence instead. My question is the amount of cut the essence has. Is it similar to the fine polish or less?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

If someone else with vast Essence experience corrects me, go with their answer; but I believe Essence should have comparable correction ability as your Mckees Fast Polish (Mckees may be barely more aggressive).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast