autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: CSL cure time and C2v3/EXO application

Quote Originally Posted by jkrig View Post
    Nope, GTechniq recommends topping with EXO within 24 hours....then you will have a curing window for the EXO, I believe it was 12 hours
    Okay so I should be good, I just know that after applying CSL I'm gonna want to call it a day, so if I can apply the 2 coats EXO V4 the next day that would be perfect.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NsnRogue2014 View Post
    Yea I was planning on maintaining with ECH20 and reload or bead maker. This will be my 3rd coating I've done, I have Cquartz UK and Gliss on my girlfriends car but have heard such good things about CSL wanted to try it on my own car.
    CSL will go on easier than CQUK. Will feel slicker as well. Exo V3 I found just as difficult to apply as CQUK. I have not used V4 nor do I plan to use it anytime soon. CSL is not bad when it comes to hydrophobic properties but Exo takes it to another level. Not Gyeon Syncro level but pretty darn good. I would recommend you use at a minimum two towels at once and sometimes even three.

I am not much of spray topper user with anything other than Ech20. Bead maker is getting a lot of push because of the rag company and I am sure it works but I much prefer sticking with the same family as a personal preference. In addition to that I prefer the performance of the actual coating. A lot of hype on the sacrificial topper needed when it is just an option.

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    I'd skip the C2V3. When I did CSL + C2V3 the self cleaning/water spotting was horrible until about 2 months in, when I'd guess the C2V3 wore off.

Everybody is different so YMMV however.
    Yeah I don't plan to use C2V3 on paint. I am not much of a topper user anyhow other than CarPro Ech20. C2V3 seems to be working on my wheels with the C5 + Exo V3 combo at 1:2. No water spotting.

3. Likes BudgetPlan1, SWETM, LloydStC liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NsnRogue2014 View Post
    Yea I was planning on maintaining with ECH20 and reload or bead maker. This will be my 3rd coating I've done, I have Cquartz UK and Gliss on my girlfriends car but have heard such good things about CSL wanted to try it on my own car.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    That is fine.
    I have a follow up to this question (if this thread is not too old). I used CSL and EXO v4. My situation is similar in that I had to wait until the next day but the difference is that the wait time was over 24 hours because I was coating trim at the same time. I would say the cure time for the CSL was about 24 to 30 hours. The car was not taken out of the garage and the garage temperature was in the high 50's.

In addition, when the initial layer of EXO went down, there was a bit of moisture observed with the first few strokes of the CarPro applicator pad. Using three towels the moisture disappeared quickly. Is this a sign of the EXO not bonding to the CSL?

Since the final coat of EXO was finished Monday (2/17), I have not applied any water to test behaviors.

Post Thanks / Like

That is CSL rejecting the EXO. You almost have to work it in for a few passes. Exo does take more effort and towels to completely wipe off compared to CSL.

6. Thanks LloydStC thanked for this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12