autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

NEW 2018 Subaru (Crystal White silica) Meg's Fast Finish or Powerlock+/Collinite 845?

Sits outside about 3/4 the time, washed every week or week and a half. It's about a month old and washed twice with 2BM, was on dealer lot only 4 days so DISO.

I have a $5 can of Meg's FF (new) and a new bottle of Jescar Powerlock + and a half bottle of Collinite 845.

I also have a GG 6" and a small assortment of pads (MF and foam colors).

Which would you pick and why?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NEW 2018 Subaru (Crystal White silica) Meg's Fast Finish or Powerlock+/Collinite 845?-35557512_10204650266893127_1230169661111271424_o-jpg  
    2018 Subaru Outback Touring 3.6R Crystal White Pearl, 2014 Ford F-150 FX4 - Oxford White Clearcoat.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: NEW 2018 Subaru (Crystal White silica) Meg's Fast Finish or Powerlock+/Collinite 845?

I have used Megs FF and Collinite 845. By far I prefer the 845. My Ram is white. So little 845 goes along way. No experience with Powerlock. I to have a GG6 and mf pads and foam pads from Lake Country and Chemical Guys.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

3. Thanks Marc Hufnagel thanked for this post
    Likes Marc Hufnagel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: NEW 2018 Subaru (Crystal White silica) Meg's Fast Finish or Powerlock+/Collinite 845?

Any self-respecting AGeeker would put the Jescar down first, the Collinite on top and finish with a wipe down of Megs FF.

5. Likes Maxreed241, minerigger, Marc Hufnagel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ducksfan View Post
    Any self-respecting AGeeker would put the Jescar down first, the Collinite on top and finish with a wipe down of Megs FF.
    Ahh then the question is: by hand or GG?
    2018 Subaru Outback Touring 3.6R Crystal White Pearl, 2014 Ford F-150 FX4 - Oxford White Clearcoat.

Post Thanks / Like

I would go with Jescar Powerlock. It's a great base protection and last long on it's own. The reason I would go with in your case is. That the other two can be used as toppers which I would not use PL with. So when fall is near and you feel like top up your PL you could do that with a decon wash and chose either Meguiars FF or 845.

I would apply PL with the polisher and a non abrasive foam pad. When you are applying toppers I would do that by hand as it's a more gentle approach to do on an already LSP surface.

Do you plan on polish the paint before LSP it?

/Tony

8. Thanks Marc Hufnagel thanked for this post
    Likes Marc Hufnagel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    I would go with Jescar Powerlock. It's a great base protection and last long on it's own. The reason I would go with in your case is. That the other two can be used as toppers which I would not use PL with. So when fall is near and you feel like top up your PL you could do that with a decon wash and chose either Meguiars FF or 845.

I would apply PL with the polisher and a non abrasive foam pad. When you are applying toppers I would do that by hand as it's a more gentle approach to do on an already LSP surface.

Do you plan on polish the paint before LSP it?

/Tony
    Thank you for the thoughts here. Given how well the paint has been treated so far I don’t see anything under inspection that really calls for polishing right now. I feel pretty fortunate given how soft I hear Subaru paint can be. What you mention sounds like a good idea to see how I’d like the PL. I’ve not opened the bottle yet.

I grabbed five boxes of the FF when it was $5 each at Walmart a ways back. The 845 I’ve had for a few years now. A finishing pad with the PL then?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes that would work great with PL.

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely apply with the machine. So much easier to spread it thin and get done fast. Finishing pad, lower speed (lowest number that gives you good pad rotation), no pressure at all, just the weight of the machine.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    Definitely apply with the machine. So much easier to spread it thin and get done fast. Finishing pad, lower speed (lowest number that gives you good pad rotation), no pressure at all, just the weight of the machine.

What products would you recommend with that?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Hufnagel View Post
    What products would you recommend with that?
    I've used Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant that way but I'm sure your Powerlock and Collinite will work great too. Get a soft finishing pad (in my case I use a black Lake Country Thin Pro with a Porter Cable 7424XP). You'll be done with the entire car in less than 10 minutes. Then give it the time it needs to haze up and wipe away. Because the machine applies it so thin, it should be a breeze to wipe it off.
    Bruno Soares