autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: VW Deep black pearl paint

IMO most likely being caused during the drying phase. One way to be sure is to wash in one direction and dry in the opposite. Personally, I'd suggest blow drying the car and then do a final wipe/detail spray to clean it up fully. Never dry a car with a dry towel, always use a dampened one soaked in your drying aid ech20 mix, etc.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RayV View Post
    Any updates Tony? Just wanted to know if you had a chance to take an inspection light to see if any marring was caused. For myself, I can only see the wash marring in specific lighting. It's actually quite hard to tell if there is direct sunlight on the panel I'm inspecting. Typically need somewhat bright diffuse lighting.

Ray
    Sorry we have had a little winter temperature last weeks. So no washing for me.

But I will be tapeing off a little area and see what happens. Have VW passat also with that hard clearcoat and it's a little older year modell. I have it on my mind off testing them out. Have 2 incredipads and 3 Sonax mf wash mitts and 3 mf wash pads that are like the Gyeon mitts. Also have a couple of generic chenille wash mitts too.

Post Thanks / Like

I have two pearl black VWs. One 2018 Tiguan and one 2017 GTI. Both got a clay, compound and polish the day they got home from the dealer. Both arrived with dealer installed swirls. The gti was horrible, cos it had some whatever the dealer was selling paint protection crap (that i didn't buy it just happened to be on the car i wanted) Anyway it was a mess that i corrected. From there i do at least once a week on each a waterless D115 spray down and final spritz of D156. Then maybe every other month, a coating / wax of my choice. Collinite 845 or Finish Kare 1000P High Temp sealant being my previous favorites, however more recently Megs hybrid ceramic wax or Fast Finish seems to be my goto) Paint is super slick on both. Not seeing any marring ever. Maybe just maybe i am starting to see some very very fine surface scratches, but you'd have to look good and hard and in direct sunlight. But remember it has been well over a yr since i did any paint correction. Cars are garaged at night, but spend the daytime out in the blistering heat and humidity of South Florida. My goto MF's are actually Meguiars for paint. Wheels / exhaust tips etc i just use cheap Costco ones. I am very particular and careful with my MF's. I collect a good four buckets worth (paint only and the rest), then in two separate loads (again paint only and the rest), wash them using Towel Kleen after a few hrs being soaked in some dollar store Awesome Orange degreaser and Awesome Oxygen detergent. Then squeeze out and each MF inspect each one for any foreign materials, before being dried/folded and put in their relative storage container for the next use. Again paint MF's are Meguiars, and the wheels which turns the yellow MFs black !! are just inexpensive Kirklands.

Anyway, here's a pic. No marring whatsoever using my technique / products !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12