autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Steam cleaning/shampooing

Hi there. What’s everyone using for steaming and shampooing vehicles? I spray/scrub by hand and used a $90 bosses to extract, but it fell apart rather quick. I run a part time business and I am looking to invest in something more reliable. I’ve seen extractor units go that go for $500 and look pretty sturdy. Not sure if it’s nevessary to spend $500 though. Also, what steamer are the pros using?
    P.s. I’m looking for equipment that’s effective and will last for a good while.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Steam cleaning/shampooing

Quote Originally Posted by Crispyclean View Post
    Hi there. What’s everyone using for steaming and shampooing vehicles? I spray/scrub by hand and used a $90 bosses to extract, but it fell apart rather quick. I run a part time business and I am looking to invest in something more reliable. I’ve seen extractor units go that go for $500 and look pretty sturdy. Not sure if it’s nevessary to spend $500 though. Also, what steamer are the pros using?
    P.s. I’m looking for equipment that’s effective and will last for a good while.
    Most of the equipment professionals are using costs in the 1-2 thousand dollar range. That’s about the floor for ‘effective and will last for a good while’.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, what he said. Good luck getting anything that actually works and will last for a good while without spending top dollar. We use a MyTee extractor with the add on dry extractor wand. That setup cost me $500 used, but it is around $1100 new. I don't own a steamer, but if I did it would likely cost $1500 for one that I could use to run a business.

Post Thanks / Like

I use my Ridgid Wet/Dry Vac & a upholstery/small area extraction nozzle & 50ft water hose (connects to faucet) like the old Shop Vac Steam Team or Bissell CM carpet cleaning machine. Nozzles & water hose can be found on the bay (most likely used since those items are long discontinued)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flooramatic View Post
    I use my Ridgid Wet/Dry Vac & a upholstery/small area extraction nozzle & 50ft water hose (connects to faucet) like the old Shop Vac Steam Team or Bissell CM carpet cleaning machine. Nozzles & water hose can be found on the bay (most likely used since those items are long discontinued)
    So you made yourself a DYI extractor?

I’ve been thinking of doing something similar with a garden pump sprayer and my shopvac.

I would like to see some pics if possible.

Post Thanks / Like

Steamers and extractors are great tools to have. But cost a fortune. The steamer setup I have set me back $3,500 and I’m looking to upgrade from that. But they do make life a lot easier.

When I first started out. I bought an adapter that would connect a extractor wand to a water hose. So it was like a poor mans extractor. The wand worked as it would with a extractor. Just wasn’t heated. But it did have decent pressure. Then hook it up to a wet/dry vac. I seen a similar setup on another site for like $500-$600 which is insane. Considering you can build the same thing from scratch for around $100. I guess I should’ve patented this.

Post Thanks / Like

If you have a shop vac, you can get a Tornador and get the Tornador Shop Vac attachment. I have it, and it's a real PIA for setup because you not only have to run the compressor but a shopvac as well. Hoses everywhere, but it works great...

Mainly it's just easier for me to fire up the Mytee Extractor and that does an amazing job. I also have a steam-cleaner that is collecting dust... Used it once or twice, the extractor is definitely the way to go. But if you were really on a budget, you can always add a blue aqua brush to a HF or PC7424xp. That has worked well for me in the past where I didn't break out the extractor.

Post Thanks / Like

I wasn’t a big fan of the Tornador Velocity attachment. It’s too bulky and hard to get in tight spots. I do love their Blastor attachment. It’s saved me a ton of time on carpet that wants to hang on to every piece of debris like Velcro.

I actually have a Velocity attachment I don’t use if anyone wants it. I haven’t used it in quite some time and it’s just taking up space.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantilgh View Post
    So you made yourself a DYI extractor?

I’ve been thinking of doing something similar with a garden pump sprayer and my shopvac.

I would like to see some pics if possible.
    I still have my shop vac steam team but i cant find the gel carpet cleaning formula anymore; so its only for rinsing with just water

Post Thanks / Like

I use the Mytee HP-120 but it's pretty big,, I think the S-300h probably would have suited my need at 3 or 4 carpet jobs a week.

I havent had any quality issues in the 6 years we have had it other than a motor but that was caused by a blockhead that kept using to much soap in the carpets and running it through the exhaust.
    It was easy to change though,,took me about 20 minutes.
    “I have trouble with names and faces, but I never forget a car.”

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast