autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you use any SiO2 waxes, what's out there?

Curious how the SiO2 waxes work, ease of use etc . What brands are out there? We don't hear much about them ever and I'm starting to think that they might not be worth much...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Have you use any SiO2 waxes, what's out there?

I have used Pinnacle Black Label Synergy which I guess is a ceramic infused wax. Had good results with it.

Angelwax has enigma which I believe is a sio2 wax. Haven't used it but have seen good things about it as well.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

3. Thanks St00pcat thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I dunno, I have a hybrid wax sitting on top of my coated cars, mostly do it for entertainment and because I *think* it adds another dimension to the appearance but never used it as a standalone. Have some on the shelf, perhaps I'll find something to use as standalone on.

Mfg claims: "Utilizing 53.7% high grade Carnauba Wax, and 39.2% glass coating..."

Post Thanks / Like

Is the wax you referring to named after Japanese fighter pilots?

If we we’re talking about the same wax. How long do you usually get out of it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vanquish Auto View Post
    Is the wax you referring to named after Japanese fighter pilots?

If we we’re talking about the same wax. How long do you usually get out of it?
    Why, yes it is. Hard to say on longevity, never used it as sole LSP. Have some left, I think I'll try to prep a panel on a fleet vehicle at work, drop some on and see how it goes for the rest of the summer.

I certainly don't expect coating-like longevity out of it. 6 months would be satisfactory IMO but might be/probably a bit of a stretch methinks.

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve had a few detail educated customers ask about it. Thinking they will get the look of a wax but the durability of a coating from it. I’ve always talked them into a coating with a wax topper.
    I figured maybe 6 months tops too.

8. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you read the msds of Polish Angel Carnuaba Arts Gold Zirkon you see it has 30% of sio2 and 30% of tio2 in it. Then with the carnuaba flakes that are Gold plated you get a pretty cool LSP. Maybe not a ceramic wax in a pot. But ceramic coating ingredients and wax could be an option. The Carnuaba Arts series has alot of color coded spray waxes to be as effective as possible to your color on your car. The Gold Zirkon is suited for every color. But really makes the metallic flakes pops if you have a metallic paint. Just remember to use nitrile gloves or your hands will shimmer in gold LOL. The better the surface is prepared the longer longevity you get. You can even use it as a drying aid. I think it's a waste of product. So apply it after a thorough decon wash and a car soap like carpro reset and if necessary claying too. This have a little filling ability from it too. And a little product goes a very long way with this and with all other PA products. To get a great clean surface it's recommended to use the PA Carnuabaflockencream Contour which is a cleaner polish with carnuaba flakes in it. You could also use the PA Esclate Lotion a great paint cleaner with a fine abrasive in it.

Polish Angel Carnauba Arts Gold Zirkon

Polish Angel Esclate Lotion

10. Likes Chopper280, BadgerRivFan, ronkh57 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Pinnacle Black Label Synergy is supposed to be great, haven’t tried it yet. Carnauba and ceramic nano-glass particles. 6 months expected duration and awesome, glassy shine. I may use on top of Blackfire Pro Primer Polish this winter or spring. Or maybe just as standalone.

Dodo Supernatural Hybrid Nano is similar and I’ve also heard great things.

I’m not sure if or where PBL Sealant fits in, but it uses “resin-based” formula that I don’t know what it means, I’m guessing coating-lite-ish, but can speak for it looking great, applying extremely easy and having great water behavior so far (2+ months only).

Post Thanks / Like

I have Synergy on my truck and daughters car. It does last about 6 months unless do a lot of wet interstate traveling. Great shine but leaves quite a bit of dust when removing, no big deal.
    Applying with machine makes removal easier.

13. Likes BadgerRivFan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have my truck coated in McKees coating now. What I think is if I top the coating with something then that will wear before the coating, right?

I'm afraid the sealant or whatever might erroed or weaken the coating. I think I read that won't happen , but still plays a part in my mind

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast