autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Have you use any SiO2 waxes, what's out there?

I guess my thinking above was that 32 ounce of Pro Primer Polish is a lot cheaper than other preps. The Synergy wouldn’t be a cheaper option, but avoids me using an extra prep polish just for the SiO2 spray.

Post Thanks / Like

I use essence plus as a ceramic wax. The sIO2 waxes are big in the U.K. I ordered 50ml tin of Jays ceramic wax for around $27 after reading reviews it has not arrived they are expensive.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mgavin1985 View Post
    I use essence plus as a ceramic wax. The sIO2 waxes are big in the U.K. I ordered 50ml tin of Jays ceramic wax for around $27 after reading reviews it has not arrived they are expensive.
    That's a good price on that ceramic wax... I don't get it, why we don't have more options in the states

Post Thanks / Like

The essence plus is really like a silica sealant with fillers to. If carpro marketed it this way they would probably sell more. I have csl and Exo on my suv and don’t top it but other cars I take car of with coating I do. And it is a cool product

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    If you read the msds of Polish Angel Carnuaba Arts Gold Zirkon you see it has 30% of sio2 and 30% of tio2 in it. Then with the carnuaba flakes that are Gold plated you get a pretty cool LSP. Maybe not a ceramic wax in a pot. But ceramic coating ingredients and wax could be an option. The Carnuaba Arts series has alot of color coded spray waxes to be as effective as possible to your color on your car. The Gold Zirkon is suited for every color. But really makes the metallic flakes pops if you have a metallic paint. Just remember to use nitrile gloves or your hands will shimmer in gold LOL. The better the surface is prepared the longer longevity you get. You can even use it as a drying aid. I think it's a waste of product. So apply it after a thorough decon wash and a car soap like carpro reset and if necessary claying too. This have a little filling ability from it too. And a little product goes a very long way with this and with all other PA products. To get a great clean surface it's recommended to use the PA Carnuabaflockencream Contour which is a cleaner polish with carnuaba flakes in it. You could also use the PA Esclate Lotion a great paint cleaner with a fine abrasive in it.

Polish Angel Carnauba Arts Gold Zirkon

Polish Angel Esclate Lotion
    2 Things,

Ive been using carnuba arts gold zirkon for a while and didn't know about the sio2 and tio2 in it. Pa needs to do a better job of explaining what their products actually are. I have to email that guy Travis all the time with questions. He always answers but still.

I was told by him specifically that the contour does have a fine abrasive in it. The same as whats in palm balm. The old formula was non abrasive that's why there is a lot of add copy out there saying its non abrasive. They change formulas but don't update anything even on their own site. Ive read tons on the gold zirkon. Been using it over a year and never read about the sio2/tio2. You would never know this stuff if you didn't go online into forums to find out.

6. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Update to my above post: PA Master Sealant apparently does include TiO2 and may include SiO2 (I won’t go into SWETM’s detailed post on the probable SiO2 reaction).
    Pa master sealant is acrylic based

After reading thread I'll add that PA Famous is the only sio2 wax Ive used that wipes off completely. Ive used a lot of synergy and it doesn't come off if you look at it under a cob led light up close. There is always a film. Same with other sio2 waxes Ive tried.

Famous is the only one that comes off. Synergy can be a nightmare if you don't prep the paint like you would for a coating. Even if you do though it leaves a film. It does look good though if you do it right.

Post Thanks / Like

Cuz besides auto geek there is not a lot of companies that do sio2 waxes. Alot of wax makers in Europe and UK do it. The shipping is what makes it expensive
    Quote Originally Posted by MrOneEyedBoh View Post
    That's a good price on that ceramic wax... I don't get it, why we don't have more options in the states
    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

There is another American company that's sells a ceramic wax but for $99.00
    Quote Originally Posted by MrOneEyedBoh View Post
    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you guys. Glad that I'm not the only one that pay $200 for a wax. lol.
    I feel better now, thx guys.

BTW, I didn't know Synergy has SiO2 ceramic infused in their wax.
    I mean I read the description when I bought it but I thought it was all advertising mumbo jumbo with fancy words.
    cheers.

Post Thanks / Like

I have Shine Supply's cherry silica wax coming in soon. About 30% silica in it according to the owner.

12. Likes BadgerRivFan liked this post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast