autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Has anyone compared BFs SiO2 spray sealant to Carpro Reload

I have had very good durability out of C2V3 as a stand alone when I prepped the paint like for a coating beforehand. I have not use it as a topper for anything. C2V3 is not really recommended on top of CSL. I don't think they recommend topping CSL with anything. C2V3 was designed originally as a topper for C1 before the EXO products came out. C2V3 will last quite a while on top of C1 also.

2. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have used Blackfire SI02 and Reload and I will say that Blackfire is slightly easier to use with less streaking. I basically follow the method outlined by Mike Phillps for application. I have one towel that is "primed" with the SI02 for application and a second towel that is specifically for drying. Never had a streak this way.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

4. Thanks VitreousHumor thanked for this post
    Likes VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    I have used Blackfire SI02 and Reload and I will say that Blackfire is slightly easier to use with less streaking. I basically follow the method outlined by Mike Phillps for application. I have one towel that is "primed" with the SI02 for application and a second towel that is specifically for drying. Never had a streak this way.
    I do the same for CarPro Reload and don't get streaks either.

6. Thanks VitreousHumor thanked for this post
    Likes VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    IMO there’s just no way it can last 3 months stand alone.. That doesn’t mean I don’t like it though, I just recently picked up another bottle of it. It’s pretty remarkable in the short term and adds a nice pop to the paint. It can actually hide light/moderate swirls on black paint when used straight, but if you come back to visit the car in 2 weeks you’ll see the swirls have re appeared.
    Do you think the Reload's/SiO2 sprays of the world are more durable when it has SiO2 "anchor points" to land on (Essence, coating, even SiO2 waxes such as Synergy or Nano), vs. using standalone on paint? I know it may be hard to tell durability in this case, but for conversation sakes, I'm thinking that the coating underneath may maximize the SiO2 spray's longevity.

Thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Do you think the Reload's/SiO2 sprays of the world are more durable when it has SiO2 "anchor points" to land on (Essence, coating, even SiO2 waxes such as Synergy or Nano), vs. using standalone on paint? I know it may be hard to tell durability in this case, but for conversation sakes, I'm thinking that the coating underneath may maximize the SiO2 spray's longevity.

Thoughts?
    This is exactly how I feel after usingSI02 products for a couple years now. I always try and use the polish made by the same manufacturer as the topcoat, so in this case it's essence plus the reload. I'm anxious to see how blackfire total polish and seal will be under their new SIO2 spray. I think when you use both, from same manufacturer, the spray locks on better.

I have used reload over megs 205, and think I get better durability with the carpro essence+reload.
    Glen -

9. Likes VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    This is exactly how I feel after usingSI02 products for a couple years now. I always try and use the polish made by the same manufacturer as the topcoat, so in this case it's essence plus the reload. I'm anxious to see how blackfire total polish and seal will be under their new SIO2 spray. I think when you use both, from same manufacturer, the spray locks on better.

I have used reload over megs 205, and think I get better durability with the carpro essence+reload.
    I believe Blackfire Pro Primer Polish is the SiO2 primer that was designed to go under Blackfire coatings or SiO2 Spray (and I'm sure Blackfire Booster would do well on top of it as well).

Post Thanks / Like

Can BFs SiO2 spray sealant be applied to pebble grain black trim while applying it to the paint??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ski2 View Post
    Can BFs SiO2 spray sealant be applied to pebble grain black trim while applying it to the paint??
    I did it today with no ill effect. It darkened slightly at first but then just went back to normal looking

13. Thanks ski2 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    I've tried about 15 or so booster/spray sealants designed for coating maintenance over the last 18 months (strangely, never Reload though)
    I would try Reload. I haven't has streaking problems, but I use a 2nd MF for buffing and a little pressure. Also not in the sun. While not the longest lasting, Reload + Ech2o as QD works really well over a coating. Very slick. I prefer it to PA Cosmic spritz. And a lot less expensive than PA.
    2006 LR3 White // 2014 Boxster Agate Gray // 2012 Sentra Aspen White
    Sealant test resultsxxxxxDilution ratio chartxxxxxWheel cleaner info

15. Likes BudgetPlan1, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post

Thoughts?
    I dunno, I’m a fan of some of these sprays, but I’m not a fan of coatings so I don’t use them.

17. Likes RippyD liked this post
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast