autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Has anyone compared BFs SiO2 spray sealant to Carpro Reload

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Reload boasts 6 months when used standalone or use as a booster.
    That’s gotta be 1 of the most ridiculous claims ever made by any manufacturer of detailing products. You’d be lucky to see a month in the real world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    That’s gotta be 1 of the most ridiculous claims ever made by any manufacturer of detailing products. You’d be lucky to see a month in the real world.
    I never used Reload, but was expecting the typical claim divided by 2 (3 months) for a daily driver (my durability calculation was carefully thought out).

I’m guessing from your response that Reload doesn’t even get that.

Post Thanks / Like

I never used Reload, but was expecting the typical claim divided by 2 (3 months) for a daily driver (my durability calculation was carefully thought out).

I’m guessing from your response that Reload doesn’t even get that.
    IMO there’s just no way it can last 3 months stand alone.. That doesn’t mean I don’t like it though, I just recently picked up another bottle of it. It’s pretty remarkable in the short term and adds a nice pop to the paint. It can actually hide light/moderate swirls on black paint when used straight, but if you come back to visit the car in 2 weeks you’ll see the swirls have re appeared.

Post Thanks / Like

Reload boasts 6 months when used standalone or use as a booster. This is the same claim as SiO2 Spray. PBL Booster and Blackfire Booster meant as toppers only.
    Ya... real world tests I have seen contradict that. Testers were having issues getting 1 month out of it.

I ordered Gtechniq's C2V3 and will receive it tomorrow along with Crystal Serum Light and EXO. That sealant is suposed to be 6 months too. I will have to try it to see if it is true.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    Ya... real world tests I have seen contradict that. Testers were having issues getting 1 month out of it.

I ordered Gtechniq's C2V3 and will receive it tomorrow along with Crystal Serum Light and EXO. That sealant is suposed to be 6 months too. I will have to try it to see if it is true.
    Let us know.

Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of comparable, does anyone consider PA High Gloss to be a comparable/competition to these? Or would the PA Viking/Cosmic Spritz’ be a closer comp. in your minds? Just wondering.

Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of comparable, does anyone consider PA High Gloss to be a comparable/competition to these? Or would the PA Viking/Cosmic Spritz’ be a closer comp. in your minds? Just wondering.
    Pa Cosmic, Viking, High Gloss, Gtechniq C2V3, Reload, Cure, SiO2 Booster, SiO2 Sealant...I'd guess they're all pretty much in the same class of products. Each a bit different, but similar in form and function. Some will be shinier, some will apply easier, some will last longer, some will shed water better. From my experience, none is gonna make it 6 months unless in the absolute best of conditions. Some will have more claimed SiO2, some more claimed TiO2, some more siloxanes, some more resins, etc, etc, etc.

When I used Gtechniq C2V3 over CSL, it made it *maybe* 2 months; I'm not sure but I'm guessing it's endpoint was when the underlying CSL started staying cleaner than it did immediately after application of C2V3. I found C2V3 to be among the poorest I've found in keeping itself clean...aftermath of any rainstorm was (easily removed) waterspots/dirt. Most likely a localized thing as many have found C2V3 to excel in all areas.

I'm currently using PA Cosmic Spritz to maintain our coated cars this summer and it's quite nice. Fun and easy to use, great looks, sharp, flashy gloss. It struggled a bit this Spring during pollen season, lacking a bit of self cleaning compared to my usual coating maintenance product but now that the air is 'clearer' it's doing quite well. It has a slightly different look to it than my norm and it's nice to change things up for a bit.

I've tried about 15 or so booster/spray sealants designed for coating maintenance over the last 18 months (strangely, never Reload though) and some are better for me than others; I value self-cleaning and ease of application 'cuz I could streak distilled water sprayed on a panel so that's the kinda stuff I look for. Longevity, especially in summer season, is not so much an issue as I often use these as a drying aid to make that process easier, in addition to lessening the chances for streaking. And let's face it...if you're even mildly OCD-ish are you really gonna go 6 months without slathering *something* on your paint? I know I'm not...

Find something ya like and use it often...

8. Thanks acuRAS82, VitreousHumor thanked for this post
    Likes VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great post, Budget. Thanks so much!

10. Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great post, Budget. Thanks so much!
    Probably worth noting that if I lined up 15 identical vehicles with the same 'base' LSP (if any) and hit them all with each (different) product/booster/SiO2-infused 'sealant' I've used, I'd probably be unable to distinguish between them. Maybe, just maybe...I'd be able to pick out one or 2 but it might be a stretch. Let them get rained on while stationary, I *may* be able to distinguish one or 2 more. Let them get rained on while driving and perhaps a few may stand out, let them endure a rainy, summer week while driving and I'd guess a few would rise to the top in the end but for the most part, the differences are very, very, *very* subtle (and quite possibly may be all in my head).

Seeking the *best* of anything is chasing Unicorns...it doesn't exist. But there is a best *for you* and finding it is part of the adventure for a hobbyist.

12. Thanks VitreousHumor thanked for this post
    Likes mattmann, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

^^ Couldn’t agree more.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast