autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2 polishers down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    I am reading more & more threads about Rupes machines failing. Ok, maybe a manufacturing problem.
    But it's made in Italy...that automatically means it's the best right?

Post Thanks / Like

My BOSS G21 failed at the beginning of the month. Sent it in and they notified me that they are sending me a new one. Only issue is they don't have anymore G21 in stock and it won't be sent out until 23-25 of this month.

So I had to grab a new Rupes 21 Mark ll for backup. Great machine so far.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    I am reading more & more threads about Rupes machines failing. Ok, maybe a manufacturing problem.

But each thread I seem to read ends in "No response" or "Send it in for $80-100+)

Yeah, no thanks.

Their machines may be the greatest thing on the planet, but if they ignore problems and have issues, (as any company will have) That is a HUGE deterrence of the purchase of one of this companies machines.

You really need to at least ANSWER people with problems. JMO
    I dont think you read this thread properly or it seems like you have joined in on an anti Rupes campaign just like your fellow pal judging from your recent posts. Regardless I’m sure this response from me will curb your nonsensical posts in future.

Also read slowly, the Flex keeps breaking.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80 View Post
    But it's made in Italy...that automatically means it's the best right?
    I have had 3 Flex out of 4 fail within their first week.

Zero failures from all Rupes.

Post Thanks / Like

Scott, you "fired them off the roof!!!"

I actually put my MKII to work yesterday... I first didn't use it because of the learning curve... I always just grabbed my G-15 to get the job done.... But once I got comfortable with the MK-II and pads, I started using it more but sparingly. Yesterday, I went through a whole detail with MKII Green & Yellow pads... LOVED IT!

I've been through two G-15's already... One the first ones ever made, the backing plat assembly disinterested... I got lucky... no damage done. The second just died...
    GG sent me another one, and it's been running strong sense. I'm assuming the early versions had some engineering issues that got sorted in later generations.

Hopefully you'll be at 100% soon!

6. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80 View Post
    What makes you say that? What exactly makes it not as good?
    Watched a few comparative videos. The over all comments are:

Good points of the GG 15mm vs Rupes Mk2 15mm:
    - A bit less expemsive
    - Much better warranty and customer support (best in the industry)
    - Better grip on the machine thanks to having rubber surfaces everywhere you would want to hold the polisher

Worst aspect of the GG 15 vs Rupes 15:
    - Noisier
    - Not as smooth
    - Feels cheap. I guess they are refering to the plastic being used
    - More vibration

So in actual use, I think the Rupes would be more pleasant to use although I have always hated the grip on the head of the machine. It's hard to use on vertical panels sometimes depending what position you are in. The rubber grip will help a lot. As for vibration, noise and smoothness, I hope it won't be too bad. I remember when I first started and was using a Meguiars polisher, after a buffing session I could no longer feel my hands from all the vibration for hours on ends. Never experienced this with the Rupes 21ES.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin47 View Post
    I have had 3 Flex out of 4 fail within their first week.

Zero failures from all Rupes.
    Sounds like a bad batch of machines. Hope they fix it for you.

Don't know about Italian stuff being well made. In he case of cars it seems it's the opposite... Despite the fact I love Ferraris, they are supposed to be pretty unreliable. In any case, as I said before my machine never showed any signs of problems in 4 years (or so), I have no reason to believe they are poorly made or are prone to failure. Just very sad about the support when they do fail.

Post Thanks / Like

I was expecting a bad bashing, however, this turned out to be way way way cool! I had my Flex 3401 die on me after the 5th or 6th drop. I had a great experience with their customer service too. But rather take it to Flex (I can't remember the Flex authorized service company that I took it to, it was local) the next time, I took it apart and found out it is pretty easy to fix. If some knuckle head like me can fix it I know for a fact normal people can too! But love to see you had 2 excellent service stories.

The reason why I will fix it next time by myself, it is only a matter of time before I drop it again! DOH!

It's interesting, my PC7424XP is older (my 1st DA) and I have dropped it a couple of times (not as much as my Flex for sure) and I use it as my Mini DA and Wax applicator (and back up DA) and the thing keep on rocking!

As always thank you for your post!
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

Iive been very lucky I've had no issues with anything other than some.minor things with my Rupes nano..
    It if it did occur, I have multiples of every style machine to keep me running.

Plus I sell longthrows if things go really against me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakaz1961 View Post
    I was expecting a bad bashing, however, this turned out to be way way way cool! I had my Flex 3401 die on me after the 5th or 6th drop. I had a great experience with their customer service too. But rather take it to Flex (I can't remember the Flex authorized service company that I took it to, it was local) the next time, I took it apart and found out it is pretty easy to fix. If some knuckle head like me can fix it I know for a fact normal people can too! But love to see you had 2 excellent service stories.

The reason why I will fix it next time by myself, it is only a matter of time before I drop it again! DOH!

It's interesting, my PC7424XP is older (my 1st DA) and I have dropped it a couple of times (not as much as my Flex for sure) and I use it as my Mini DA and Wax applicator (and back up DA) and the thing keep on rocking!

As always thank you for your post!
    How do you keep dropping your machine? In 6 years in this business I have never dropped my polisher. Maybe you should revise what ever you are doing to drop it all the time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast