autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's
 

» Detailing Classes

New Dates Available for the Autogeek Roadshow!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like

    Gyeon vs. GTechnic which do you prefer.

    Can’t decide what brand to go with. Looking for opinions from people who used both.
    Have you experienced better results with one, ease of use etc.
    looking at the whole line of products.
    Thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Member Dan Tran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    York, ME
    Posts
    836
    Post Thanks / Like

    Gyeon vs. GTechnic which do you prefer.

    Curious, will you be using these products professionally or as an enthusiast?


    Also, what made you narrow it down to these, two brands?

    Dan Tran
    High Quality Car Detailing at the Comfort of Your Own Home

  3. Likes Lamented liked this post
    Dislikes Lamented disliked this post
  4. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gyeon vs. GTechnic which do you prefer.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Tran View Post
    Curious, will you be using these products professionally or as an enthusiast?


    Also, what made you narrow it down to these, two brands?

    Dan Tran

    High Quality Car Detailing at the Comfort of Your Own Home
    They will be just for me. I know there is more budget friendly products on the market.
    I like the idea of using the same brand products since they were designed to work together.

    Any other info would be greatly appreciated.

  5. #4
    Super Moderator Bobby B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,752
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gyeon vs. GTechnic which do you prefer.

    Gyeon and GTechniq both offer excellent products. You really can't go wrong with either brand.

    GYEON Car Care

    Gtechniq Exterior Coatings, gtech, nano coatings, paint coatings

  6. #5
    Senior Member Ancient1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Sun Prairie Wisconsin
    Posts
    212
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gyeon vs. GTechnic which do you prefer.

    I personally like working with the Gtech a little more than the Gyeon. But the slickness of the Syncro kit is hard to top. This spring I did my Car with Syncro and leather shield on my leather. This weekend I did a F150 that my son just got and it pretty much is all Gtechnic. Coated with CSL/ExoV4 glass with G1 on the windshield and G5 on the side glass I1 on the carpet T1 on the tires.

    With leftover products I also did my wagon with CSL on the paint topped with Skin the vinyl got EXOV3 just tyo see how skin and CSL work as a pair which if could be purchased separately would be my coating of choice.

    Earlier this spring I did some testing of toppers on coatings and used CSL and a base coat on the drivers side and trunk lid with Mohs on the passenger side top. Here are a couple pictures I took at a little over 4 months of how clean each stayed. To me as far as being hydrophobic The skin is noticeable better even tho I haven't seen how EXOv4 does since I just used it last Sunday.



  7. Thanks MattPersman, Diner thanked for this post
    Likes Eldorado2k, SWETM, MattPersman liked this post
  8. #6
    Senior Member The Guz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Lawndale, CA
    Posts
    5,602
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gyeon vs. GTechnic which do you prefer.

    I know you are looking to stick with one line but what products are you actually looking to get?

  9. #7
    Senior Member Eldorado2k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    8,809
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gyeon vs. GTechnic which do you prefer.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ancient1 View Post
    I personally like working with the Gtech a little more than the Gyeon. But the slickness of the Syncro kit is hard to top. This spring I did my Car with Syncro and leather shield on my leather. This weekend I did a F150 that my son just got and it pretty much is all Gtechnic. Coated with CSL/ExoV4 glass with G1 on the windshield and G5 on the side glass I1 on the carpet T1 on the tires.

    With leftover products I also did my wagon with CSL on the paint topped with Skin the vinyl got EXOV3 just tyo see how skin and CSL work as a pair which if could be purchased separately would be my coating of choice.

    Earlier this spring I did some testing of toppers on coatings and used CSL and a base coat on the drivers side and trunk lid with Mohs on the passenger side top. Here are a couple pictures I took at a little over 4 months of how clean each stayed. To me as far as being hydrophobic The skin is noticeable better even tho I haven't seen how EXOv4 does since I just used it last Sunday.


    You nailed it. That test panel is a thing of beauty.

    Stupid question but what the heck is “booster”?

  10. #8
    Senior Member Ancient1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Sun Prairie Wisconsin
    Posts
    212
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gyeon vs. GTechnic which do you prefer.


  11. #9
    Senior Member Ancient1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Sun Prairie Wisconsin
    Posts
    212
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gyeon vs. GTechnic which do you prefer.

    If yoy want to see how they react to water here is a edited clip Idid at the 1st wash and was the reason I used syncro on my car, syncro is skin on mohs.


  12. Thanks Eldorado2k, MattPersman, Diner thanked for this post
    Likes MattPersman, Paul A. liked this post
  13. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gyeon vs. GTechnic which do you prefer.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I know you are looking to stick with one line but what products are you actually looking to get?
    Interested in the interior products. As far as coatings go. I’m thinking my best bet would be Can Coat. I would love to try a better coating but I have no shade to apply it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Dlux vs Gtechnic C4
    By dchristo in forum Auto Detailing 101
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-23-2015, 03:52 PM
  2. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-31-2014, 06:32 AM
  3. Recommended towel for removing Gtechnic C1
    By ralphwiens in forum Auto Detailing 101
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-03-2013, 04:19 PM
  4. Gtechnic P1
    By royale in forum Product Reviews
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-19-2012, 06:32 PM
  5. Gtechnic Crystal Lacquer
    By LAMF in forum New Car Care Products
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-03-2012, 06:44 AM

Members who have read this thread: 129

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

» November 2018

S M T W T F S
28293031 1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 1