autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

2 polishers down!!!

So I have had 2 machines go down in the past couple weeks.

First up was my new Flex XFE7-15. I first used this machine on the episode of Competition Ready that I was a part of and really liked it!!
    This machine is jinxed! I had a backing plate (5") fail on me while using it and thank goodness there was no damage!! I have since put the stock plate back on.
    While using it, it was getting pretty warm/hot and then it all of a sudden just lost power. Any amount of pressure applied to the machine would kill it and it would stop working.

I contacted Flex and they had me return it to them. (it's still under warranty) Couple weeks later, boom, package from Flex arrives with a brand new machine in it! Awesome, thanks Flex!

I've been using it since I've received it back without any issues. I hope that it continues to perform like it is now!

So after my Flex took a dump, I switched over to my Rupes LHR21 MkII. It works like a dream and was doing just that...until I dropped it and broke the front end/handle off of it. Darn!! The machine was still useable, but very uncomfortable! I contacted Rupes and they had me return it.

Rupes literally rebuild my whole machine with a laundry list of parts that were replaced! Their flat fee is $85.00 and I felt that this is extremely fair due to it being my error in breaking it.
    I just received notice yesterday that it shipped out and I should be receiving it back next week! I can't wait to get my hands on it again and see what a 'new' Rupes feels like! LOL

So there you have my polisher drama!!!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

2. Thanks Kamakaz1961 thanked for this post
    Likes DetailTrail, PaulMys, fly07sti, dlc95, SWETM and 3 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2 polishers down!!!

Makes me feel good about the purchase of my Nano and Mille. Nice to have a company stand by good customers.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

4. Likes dlc95, DaveT435 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bummer man, but I am glad things worked out!!! $85 is better than $400+

PS:

I worked on this recently and I bounced from the Rupes 21 MK II to my Flex Finisher.

I forgot HOW MUCH I love the Finisher! It ran much smoother for me and the noise level was quieter.

Dan Tran
    High Quality Car Detailing at the Comfort of Your Own Home

Post Thanks / Like

Note to self........... Put floor padding down when Scott is working.

Just kidding, brother! Glad to hear you are up & running again.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear that, Scott, but glad you got both issues resolved.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad both of your machines got fixed quickly.

My Rupes 21ES broke 2 weeks ago. It has been at a repair shop for over a week now. I talked to them friday and he said a preliminary check was done and all the usual culprits were not at fault (worn brushes, broken electric cable, defective switch). So it's something more complicated and their tech for this type of tool was on vacation this week. Might have an answer next week.

While waiting I tried to find a Canadian Service Center for Rupes. Was not able to find anything on Google. I tried contacting the Rupes rep on Autogeek by private email... over a week now, still no answer. I also sent an email to Rupes USA asking how to proceed to fix a Rupes tool in Canada... over a week now... still no answer.... seeing a pattern here? Very disapointing.

Today I ordered a GG Boss 15mm. I had been pushing this for about a year. I wanted something more flexible than the 21mm, it's kind of a pain on curved pannels and most cars have curved panels now. I was gonna buy a Rupes Bigfoot Mark II 15mm but after seeing how poor the customer service is, I went with GG. The bonus is that is has a lifetime warranty instead of the 1 year warranty with Rupes. I know it's not as good a machine, but I refuse to give money to companies who don't support their clients.

9. Likes PaulMys, Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am reading more & more threads about Rupes machines failing. Ok, maybe a manufacturing problem.

But each thread I seem to read ends in "No response" or "Send it in for $80-100+)

Yeah, no thanks.

Their machines may be the greatest thing on the planet, but if they ignore problems and have issues, (as any company will have) That is a HUGE deterrence of the purchase of one of this companies machines.

You really need to at least ANSWER people with problems. JMO
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

11. Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    I am reading more & more threads about Rupes machines failing. Ok, maybe a manufacturing problem.

But each thread I seem to read ends in "No response" or "Send it in for $80-100+)

Yeah, no thanks.

Their machines may be the greatest thing on the planet, but if they ignore problems and have issues, (as any company will have) That is a HUGE deterrence of the purchase of one of this companies machines.

You really need to at least ANSWER people with problems. JMO
    Well, in my case my machine is a few years old. I can't remember when I purchased it exactly but it has been about 4 years I think. Up till it failled, it worked perfectly. Not sure what is wrong with it or what happened. I worked fine, stored it, took it out of the tool box the next day and it was dead... so?????

For the rest of your message, totally agree with you... especially when you are the most expensive company in the segment.

Post Thanks / Like

PaulMys: LOL!!!! If I had padding down it very well may have helped!! LOLZ.

I have not had any issues with my Rupes other than self inflicted damage and I run them hard and often!

Sorry to hear Caldenyr that you are having issues getting a response from Rupes...completely different from my experience. I do know that you will be very happy with your GG machine as well as their customer service if ever needed in the future. Keep us posted on how you like the GG15. I would like to pick up one of their 21 units for a spare long throw in case I need it.
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

14. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    I know it's not as good a machine...
    What makes you say that? What exactly makes it not as good?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast