autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gyeon vs. GTechnic which do you prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Bathe Essence is the latest shampoo and I am not overwhelmed by it. Seems to watered down and I have to use the same dilution ratio as Bathe to get decent performance from it.
    Just started working thru a bottle of Bathe Essence; not sure I like it. Its thick and seems to take a bit more agitation in bucket when filling to lather it all up. Not a big deal, but a minor inconvenience.

Woulda preferred regular Bathe in a 4L jug. Using 5 pumps in a 4-5g bucket.

Post Thanks / Like

I have heard this to about bathe essence that it's a little thinner and less lubrication than bathe. Whent with another brand that is much like bathe and reset. And have been satisfied with it so far and just as great as reset.

The foam booster could be an option too. It's much about how the foam behaves. Most of them prewash foams that is in the pictures are very effective in low dilution. So the foam booster could make it work great.

Have you thought about a foam pump sprayer Ancient? With destilled water to mix the foam with.

Post Thanks / Like

my .02, for interior protection Gyeon is the way to go. Their fabric coat is a great product, as is leather shield and even leather coat, albeit with less durability than leather shield.

I do like GTechniq's antibacterial interior products, makes for a decent selling point to a higher end customer. I haven't yet tried their smart fabric or leather guard but I imagine they work well, and would be considered about equal to fabric coat and leather coat.

For exterior products, I do like GTechniq's line though I haven't actually applied Gyeon myself yet. I also like Carbon Collective as a slightly lower cost alternative to GTechniq while still being high quality.
    Joe Catanzaro
    JCDetails (RI Based Mobile Detailer)
    http://jcdetails.com

Post Thanks / Like

Well I washed the test car this morning and will say that the areas topped with Skin were much cleaner than all the others. While those pictures show the Skin sections to be dirtier when washed they are far cleaner. There is a residue on all the other sections that won't come off with washing and wasn't affected by panel wipe or tar and adhesive remover. On the hood section there was no residue on the skin section and on the roof there was some but much less than the booster section and whether it had MOHS as a base or CSL made no difference.

After misting the hood this is a picture of it where you can really see the difference.

And on the roof you can see the difference but not as noticeable.

And for those concerned about my lack of foam here is a short clip of my other cannon with a approx 5:1 mixture of Gyeon foam.

5. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Just started working thru a bottle of Bathe Essence; not sure I like it. Its thick and seems to take a bit more agitation in bucket when filling to lather it all up. Not a big deal, but a minor inconvenience.

Woulda preferred regular Bathe in a 4L jug. Using 5 pumps in a 4-5g bucket.
    I find the exact opposite in it being relatively thin. It foams up nice when agitated but the suds don't last and it is really watered down in the bucket.

Not sure if you noticed the same thing but it does gel up in the pump and looks like a thick snot haha. I have since relegated it to a wheel soap and once I am done I won't be buying it anymore. Regular Bathe is better but again not the most cost effective wash considering the quantity and dilution.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I find the exact opposite in it being relatively thin. It foams up nice when agitated but the suds don't last and it is really watered down in the bucket.

Not sure if you noticed the same thing but it does gel up in the pump and looks like a thick snot haha. I have since relegated it to a wheel soap and once I am done I won't be buying it anymore. Regular Bathe is better but again not the most cost effective wash considering the quantity and dilution.
    Odd...I just went and turned my 25% empty bottle upside down and the liquid inside is like thick syrup.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient1 View Post
    Well I washed the test car this morning and will say that the areas topped with Skin were much cleaner than all the others. While those pictures show the Skin sections to be dirtier when washed they are far cleaner. There is a residue on all the other sections that won't come off with washing and wasn't affected by panel wipe or tar and adhesive remover. On the hood section there was no residue on the skin section and on the roof there was some but much less than the booster section and whether it had MOHS as a base or CSL made no difference.

After misting the hood this is a picture of it where you can really see the difference.

And on the roof you can see the difference but not as noticeable.

And for those concerned about my lack of foam here is a short clip of my other cannon with a approx 5:1 mixture of Gyeon foam.

That foam’s more like it...

And while we’re talking horrible soap, I’ll throw Gyeon Bathe+ in the discussion. Worst soap I’ve ever used. Weak suds, feels like you’re washing with plain water, and doesn’t live up to its claims of hydrophobic behavior after using it.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure the soap is not all that great for the grass...
    Purple Towel Auto Detailing
    PurpleTowelDetailing.com
    @purpletoweldetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post

And while we’re talking horrible soap, I’ll throw Gyeon Bathe+ in the discussion. Worst soap I’ve ever used. Weak suds, feels like you’re washing with plain water, and doesn’t live up to its claims of hydrophobic behavior after using it.
    Yeah I remember your bad experience with that one. But those ceramic booster foams has that draw back that they are not sudsing up or keep the suds through the wash. Was the lubrication bad when you used it? That's what I think of and not about how much suds I get. That is much of a personal preference with car soaps and the amount of soaps you get.

When I think about it your Cadillac hood is haveing clearcoat failure. Do you think that could play a part in how some LSP works bad on it? Don't remember if you tried it on any other panel.

That's more thick and nice foam you got Ancient

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post

Interesting. While I found suds to be lacking, the slickness of Bathe+ was pretty impressive while washing.

12. Likes The Guz liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast