Quote Originally Posted by LSNAutoDetailing View Post
We include engine and engine bay. But then again, our base package includes paint correction and *full interior (*as required). The only thing up from there are add-on's of various ceramic coatings. So if someone balks at the price, we start line-striking items out of the estimate/quote to get the price down. Engine/Engine bay is usually the first to get stricken from the quote. From a marketing perspective, I think when potential customers see what is getting removed in order to meet the price point, they tend to have me add it back in.

I typically do engines first thing, before we start on the wheels. Engine MUST be cool. We've always followed Nick's article and never had any issues:
How To: Detail Your Engine Like a Professional
Then dressing (or optional DLUX) the engine is done towards the end of the detail, along with tail tips, tires, etc. Which typically consists of a D114 wipe-down and application of dressings/QD's or if the customer up-options for DLUX. But typically those get applied at the end of the detail.

However we always state on our estimate/quote "we reserve the right to NOT clean the engine or engine bay." We explain this up front during the VIF process in the event I see old, dry, cracking, exposed wires, or other concerns.

Here are a few examples: Wouldn't you as a customer love to pickup your car that you just paid someone else to detail, pop the hood and see this? And don't forget the engine cowl, wiper-arms, and inside the gas lid area!

Goodness is in the details!

Always gotta be a show-off, dontca Paul?!