autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Polisher Upgrade from Porter Cable

Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityAutoSpa View Post
    I’m in the same boat. My PC is worn and I’d like to upgrade. I’m going to Ben purchasing a 15 rupes and pair it with the ibird long neck. Might as well upgrade once.
    Don't forget the Mini.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a PC7424XP, the GG 3" mini and a Rupes 21 and I often find myself going back to the PC. The 21 is really good for large panels but I prefer the PC. The noise/vibration has never really bothered me. Plus I always have music on so I don't pay much attention to it. I've thought about buying another machine but not sure why, don't really need it my PC does everything I need. The GG 3" I think I have used maybe once or twice. Seems like a nice little machine and that's all I can rate Griots on since its their only polisher I own. Their lifetime warranty is a nice plus.
    2005 Nissan 350z (Polish Angel Viking-Coat)/2020 AMG GLC43 (Polish Angel Viking-Coat and Auto Gliss 2.0)/2012 Honda Odyssey TE (Jescar Power Lock)/2020 AMG C43 (CQuartz UK3.0 and Auto Gliss 2.0)

3. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ntwillie1 View Post
    I have a PC7424XP, the GG 3" mini and a Rupes 21 and I often find myself going back to the PC. The 21 is really good for large panels but I prefer the PC. The noise/vibration has never really bothered me. Plus I always have music on so I don't pay much attention to it. I've thought about buying another machine but not sure why, don't really need it my PC does everything I need. The GG 3" I think I have used maybe once or twice. Seems like a nice little machine and that's all I can rate Griots on since its their only polisher I own. Their lifetime warranty is a nice plus.
    The PC is a strong machine for weekend warriors. I needed a bit more bite, plus..... I couldn't resist the hype, and Got a GG6. I really love it.

As far as the Rupes 21, Or Flex, GG 21, etc....... Unless you are a pro, or have a lot of flat real estate to cover, I'm in the camp of not needing one. Would it be cool? Yeah, sure. But for how much I use a polisher. (2-3 times a year on A Ram & Jeep), I just don't see the need.

JMO
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

5. Likes KBsToy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    The PC is a strong machine for weekend warriors. I needed a bit more bite, plus..... I couldn't resist the hype, and Got a GG6. I really love it.

As far as the Rupes 21, Or Flex, GG 21, etc....... Unless you are a pro, or have a lot of flat real estate to cover, I'm in the camp of not needing one. Would it be cool? Yeah, sure. But for how much I use a polisher. (2-3 times a year on A Ram & Jeep), I just don't see the need.

JMO
    Pros too!

I used one of my pre-XP 7424s on a buffing tour de force yesterday, and made some real nice money in the process.

7. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was in the same boat with a PC 7424, bought a Flex, and now polish cars in about 1/2 the time. I do understand the hand tingling after using the PC. The Flex is heavier than the 7424, but has less vibration. I'd rather work with something heavier for 2 hours than something lighter for 4 hours, personal preference. I now use the Flex for the larger flat surfaces, and use the PC exclusively with 3" pads for smaller spots. The PC works great with 3" pads.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123