autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: SIO2 Coating Maintenance

I gave up on Cure as my wife's black car kept streaking at 50 / 50. I switched to the new BF SIO2 sealant and love it. You cannot streak it. When I run out of the 32 oz bottle, I'll but a gallon.
    If I didn't want a SIO2 product, I'd use M 37 Extender Spray wax or Meguires D 156.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfenne View Post
    Thank you Guz!

I ordered a liter before I saw your post. More than enough for me. Thanks for your solid advice again.

Brian
    Nice. Enjoy it. Mixing in Cure as mentioned is a nice touch.

I personally have never had an issue with Cure streaking at full strength or 50/50.

3. Likes TTQ B4U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the replies guys!

I am not opposed to blending in Cure to the ECH20. Curious what is the benefit? Also what Cure dilution ratio do you put into say 1:20 Ech20 mix?

So I am new to the SIO2 coating world and why I went with coating light products like Gyeon Can Coat and McKee's 10 min paint sealant. Wanted something more forgiving to work with. Cant speak to durability yet as they are fresh with in last week or two. I did chemical and mechanical decon, paint restoration and prepped surface before application.

Both were great to work with. I both used on "every" exterior surface on different vehicles. I will say I probably used more product than needed due to inexperience with coatings and I found hard to follow product during application on light colored vehicles under good lighting. I worked one panel / area at a time using a micro fiber applicator pad. I split big panels up. Applied and buffed before moving to next panel to prevent high spots. I applied 2 coats for each vehicle waiting a few hours between second coats. After second coats I waited a few hours again before applying Gyeon Cure (FULL STRENGTH) on Can Coat and McKee's Trademark Extender Wax on 10 min paint sealant. I sprayed on MF applicator pad and applied to surface and buffed going panel by panel.

My thoughts on both products...

Can Coat and 10 min Paint Sealant

1. Both fairly simple to use
    2. Seemed to require more buffing than I expected. Primarily paint and glass. Black plastics smooth and porus was a breeze.
    3. I am not an expert but gloss/shine look incredible
    4. I am now converted to SIO2 style products

Cure / Trademark Extender Wax

1. Very simple to use
    2. I am not an expert but gloss/shine and slickness look and feel incredible
    3. I am now converted to SIO2 style products

What Ive learned..

1. Can Coat and 10 Min Paint Sealant-Trust the product and process even if you cant see it. Then second coat should get any areas you may have missed. May help with the buffing also.
    2. Cure / Extender Wax- Have fresh applicator / rags ready. When rag is saturated streaking potential high. Switch to new applicator / rag. Use saturated rags / applicator on glass or wheels and buff.
    3. Probably will stay with SIO2 based light products so I have more flexibility.
    4. I would reccomend both brands products and will use again if longevity is reasonably better that a paste wax. Time will tell.

Just though I would share. Thanks to all who have helped me.

5. Thanks acuRAS82, Diner thanked for this post
    Likes acuRAS82, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great summary above!

Post Thanks / Like

Don’t forget about McKee’s 37 Hydro Blue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Just a quick follow up. I received ECH2O and mixed 1:20 for a quick detailer using distilled water.

I applied it to all/every surface on a vehicle protected with Mckee's 10 minute paint sealant that was topped with Mckee's Trademark Extender Wax. ECH2O QD Application is a breeze and super easy to work with. I sprayed on all surfaces one at a time, wiped and followed up with light buff. I observed no streaking at this ratio or other concerns. This is a real winner and product is multipurpose.

Next up will be a vehicle coated with Gyeon Can Coat and Topped with Gyeon Cure.

Big thanks to "Guz" on sharing his knowledge.

9. Likes The Guz, SWETM, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just a quick follow up. I received ECH2O and mixed 1:20 for a quick detailer using distilled water.

I applied it to all/every surface on a vehicle protected with Mckee's 10 minute paint sealant that was topped with Mckee's Trademark Extender Wax. ECH2O QD Application is a breeze and super easy to work with. I sprayed on all surfaces one at a time, wiped and followed up with light buff. I observed no streaking at this ratio or other concerns. This is a real winner and product is multipurpose.

Next up will be a vehicle coated with Gyeon Can Coat and Topped with Gyeon Cure.

Glad to hear you are enjoying it.

Post Thanks / Like

I am currently maintaining the 10 min paint sealant with McKess rinse free wash and wax. Diluted down for a drying aid. 2oz to 30oz of water in a spray bottle. Amazing results so far!
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Just wanted to add the ECHO2 diluted 1:20 works pretty darn good as a interior glass cleaner as well. Spray, wipe, buff and streak free.

I assume this product has a UV inhibitor so could it be used a vinyl / plastic interior dressing?

Post Thanks / Like

Have you had a chance to tests this yet. I am looking to to try out cancoat soon then use a mix of Cure, distilled water and some ech2o as drying aid to maintain.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast