autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Poor boys black hole new paint safe?

So long story short I just received my truck back (tuxedo black F150) from the body shop after having both bedsides replaced due to an accident. I know I'm not supposed to wax for atleast 30 days, but I did read that some glazes are acceptable to use. Is poor boys one of these? I have some slight holograms going on that the shop seems incapable to remove, and I'd like to hide them if possible. I already have the bottle of black hole and would like to try that first.

Is this okay to do?

I may in the future purchase a DA and try to do some correction, but I can live with it for now. (the entire truck needs correction as you can imagine)

Thanks!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Poor boys black hole new paint safe?

Personally, I would wait. Why risk it? I’m sure the holograms are annoying but they can be managed after the fresh paint has had time to cure. If I were to guess, I would say the holograms are a symptom of super-soft, uncured paint. It’s screaming “don’t touch me!”

M.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Meguires has a glaze that is new paint safe. I can’t remember the name but I remember Megs makes it.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I mean yes I don't want to risk fish eyeing the paint. But I was hoping I could atleast put something on there that will make it pop. I believe the megs product is #7. I actually almost bought some, but I figured if the poor boys works I'd use it considering I have a whole bottle.

Oh and to clarify, the paint work was done almost two weeks ago, and has been baking in the Tennessee sun ever since. I have to imagine it's fairly hard at this point, but I'm no expert.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Meguires has a glaze that is new paint safe. I can’t remember the name but I remember Megs makes it.
    Here's what he is referring to. I used it when my wife's black car had a respray. cleaned up the swirls and left a little bit of protection.
    Meguiars M305 Ultra Finishing Durable Glaze 16 oz.

6. Thanks mccartbm90 thanked for this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

That's an interesting product. I might consider it if we can come to the conclusion that poor boys is a no go. I did do a fair bit of research before I posted this thread and couldnt find anything stating whether it is or isn't.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't speak for Black Hole, even though I use it regularly, but I do know positively that Optimum's Spray Wax is safe on new paint, if you'd like to try a wax.

Bill

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BillyJack View Post
    I can't speak for Black Hole, even though I use it regularly, but I do know positively that Optimum's Spray Wax is safe on new paint, if you'd like to try a wax.

Bill
    Really? How are they able to do that and not have it seal in the new paint? I'd love to get some wax on there, if anything just because its easier to keep clean.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mccartbm90 View Post
    Really? How are they able to do that and not have it seal in the new paint? I'd love to get some wax on there, if anything just because its easier to keep clean.
    I don't know the science, but I asked the same question a few years ago on the Optimum forum when I had about half of my Black DD painted and the response came from Optimum's Dr. G. I used nothing but OCW for the first 4 months and my paint's been just fine.

Bill

11. Thanks blkSRT thanked for this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BillyJack View Post
    I don't know the science, but I asked the same question a few years ago on the Optimum forum when I had about half of my Black DD painted and the response came from Optimum's Dr. G. I used nothing but OCW for the first 4 months and my paint's been just fine.

Bill
    Just came across your thread on that. Ordered some of the ocw to try out. Sounds like a good alternative and seems to have the science to back it up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast