autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Best product to use on 2012 black Honda Civic Si

I just bought a black 2012 Honda Civic Si and I need to remove some small scratches and a lot of swirls. I have a Flex xc3401. I’m a fairly experienced hobby detailer. Any suggestions on the best product to use? Most of my experience is with using Wolfgang products on my VWs.
    ** Clean cars go faster!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best product to use on 2012 black Honda Civic Si

The biggest difference would be that you have a rock hard clearcoat on the VW paints and extremely soft clearcoat on the Honda. But as always doing test spots to see how it behaves. Often a polish and a polishing pad acts as compound and cutting pad. And then you have to dial in the maintance with a gentle washing technique. And the products used to touch the paint with is very soft and don't marr the paint. The multible wash mitts and or mf wash towels when washing either with 2bm or rinseless wash. Maybe think of a ceramic coating that is harden the paint surface a little.

As for best products it's what's best for you. But a little thought I have about it is that useing brands made from the countries where the cars is from. So asian brands like Gyeon and Carpro is often great on soft clearcoats. Of course there is other brands that works great too this is just a general thought. The use of a primer polish and let it sit for the recommended time after wipe off to let the polishing oils to evaporate fully. You cup out the need of touching the paint one more time with a panel wipe product before you apply the coating. Is a tip that can be usefull on extreme soft finicky paints. Carpro Reflect and Essence is polish and primer polish that works great on soft finicky paints. And the Sonax Perfect Finish is also known to work great on the soft finicky paints. The high quality mf towels from Gyeon and Carpro is also something that are usefull to have in the arsenal. Then when you come to drying after washing a blower would be something to look into too.

Some thoughts and suggestions when you have a soft clearcoat to maintain.

3. Thanks Pjstockford thanked for this post
    Likes Pjstockford liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Pjstockford View Post

I just bought a black 2012 Honda Civic Si and I need to remove some small scratches and a lot of swirls.

I have a Flex xc3401. Most of my experience is with using Wolfgang products on my VWs.

I'd suggest testing out the Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover with a foam polishing pad on your FLEX 3401 on the 4-6 speed setting. If the paint is in fact soft this should remove the majority of the swirls and scratches and leave an LSP ready finish.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! Wolfgang TSR is my favorite go-to. I was hoping you’d suggest that.
    ** Clean cars go faster!