autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Blackfire SiO2 Paint Sealant vs McKee's 10 minute paint sealant

As the title suggests...
    Blackfire SiO2 Paint Sealant vs McKee's 10 minute paint sealant

Has anyone tried both and can you compare/contrast?

We know they're both a breeze to apply.
    How about the results?
    Gloss, slickness, color depth, streaking, self cleaning...
    Share your thoughts.

Also feel free to compare characteristics of either one to other WOWA sealants we're all more familiar with.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blackfire SiO2 Paint Sealant vs McKee's 10 minute paint sealant

Unfortunately they are both so new, that few have probably tried both yet.
    I have the BF SIO2. It's the simplest SIO2 'topper' product I've used. You cannot streak it. Even on glass. It just disappears into the paint and glass. You could also call it a '10 minute product'. It only comes 32 oz, so you get a bunch of it. I've got it on my car which is coated with Mckees v2 coating. 1/2 the car has BF SIO2 as a top coat, and the other side has Kamikaze OverCoat. I'm going to the coin op to wash in a day or so to compare beading.

Regarding the McKees 10 minute sealant....I'm not sure what "SIO2 enhanced" is supposed to be telling me. Is it a drop of Sio2 secret sauce or what? I'm just skeptical.
    I'm in AZ too, in Snotts Dale

3. Likes AZpolisher15 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So there's SiO2 in both. Both are WOWA. They sound like very similar products.

Post Thanks / Like

The Blackfire is new yet. Here is a review from Mike.
    BLACKFIRE SiO2 Spray Sealant review by Mike Phillips

I also gave it a look when it came out. But went with the McKess instead. No sound reason other than I have never used a McKess product I was not satisfied with. It was a very impressive product to use. The look is very deep and glossy. Kind of like Hydro Blue only even better if that is possible. I am sure their will Blackfire reviews as members get to use it. That is what I love about the current technology in car care. These wipe on walk away and spray on rinse off products are AMAZING to me. WORK SMARTER, NOT HARDER.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AZpolisher15 View Post
    So there's SiO2 in both. Both are WOWA. They sound like very similar products.
    The BF SIO2 is not really WOWA. It's wipe on, then lightly keep wiping until it disappears. But it flashes / disappears very quickly. It's fast and effortless. Hope that helps. If you are in AZ near Scottsdale, I'll gladly give you a few ounces to try. I use just less than an ounce on my sedan, so you are welcome to a 4-5 oz sample. Just PM me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glfnaz View Post
    The BF SIO2 is not really WOWA. It's wipe on, then lightly keep wiping until it disappears. But it flashes / disappears very quickly. It's fast and effortless. Hope that helps. If you are in AZ near Scottsdale, I'll gladly give you a few ounces to try. I use just less than an ounce on my sedan, so you are welcome to a 4-5 oz sample. Just PM me.
    Generous offer. Much appreciated. But I've got some UPGP, BF Crystal Seal, and two cans of Megs FF to get though. Haha In addition to two bottles of Sonax BSD. And the FinishKare 1000P on my shelf I haven't tried yet. I'm fairly stocked up at the moment! Will look forward to reading more reviews on these two products. I love the BF Crystal Seal, so if these two new products stand up to that one, I'd call them a success. Thanks again!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm intrigued by the BF SiO2 spray. I wonder what the SiO2 content of the spray is and how it compares to something like TAC Quartz Max. What I like about the latter is its hydrophobicity, but I do feel like it streaks and takes a good amount of buffing to even out.

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | Gyeon Syncro | Gyeon Cancoat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kevincwelch View Post
    I wonder what the SiO2 content of the spray is
    Reload and Cure are around 5% SiO2 so I would suspect BF would around 5% as well.

10. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Reload and Cure are around 5% SiO2 so I would suspect BF would around 5% as well.
    Blackfire's previous coating had documented claims in this forum that touted it had more SiO2 than other competing products. While possible, I hope this is still the case, and time usually helps make the case one way or the other.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mwoolfso View Post
    Blackfire's previous coating had documented claims in this forum that touted it had more SiO2 than other competing products. While possible, I hope this is still the case, and time usually helps make the case one way or the other.
    Is there anyway to find out HOW much it has in it? The SDS would have to show a range, I know it wont show exact... though it may.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast