autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

best quick detail

So my daughter left me (OK I took it) her 2014 BMW black X1 for 5 days while she went out of town. My plan was a complete detail, clay, compound, polish, seal. Well, life came up and Day 1 -worked, Day 2 after work washed and dried an put in the garage, day 3 - working, and Sat is day 4, which will be my only time to work on the car. Not enough time for everything. Whats the best bang for the buck? Oh, and you have to be able to buy it at walmart.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: best quick detail

Quote Originally Posted by dgjks6 View Post
    So my daughter left me (OK I took it) her 2014 BMW black X1 for 5 days while she went out of town. My plan was a complete detail, clay, compound, polish, seal. Well, life came up and Day 1 -worked, Day 2 after work washed and dried an put in the garage, day 3 - working, and Sat is day 4, which will be my only time to work on the car. Not enough time for everything. Whats the best bang for the buck? Oh, and you have to be able to buy it at walmart.
    Do you have a polisher & pads? Which kind?

Which products do you already have on hand that you were thinking of using?

Post Thanks / Like

best quick detail

Edit: deleting original post because I thought you were asking about quick detailer spray.. lol.

If you’ve got nothing at all, Meguiars ultimate line of products is pretty nice. Compound, polish, and wax all work nicely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Wash with a soap you might already have? Some sort of clay kit Mother’s or Meguiars not sure what they sell there haven’t been to Walmart in a couple years.

After that would just probably put Meguiars ultimate fast finish on it unless you need to hand polish the paint some then you can use the ultimate polish followed by the ultimate fast finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the meguairs DA drill pad/polisher with the ultimate compound/polish wax. My plan was to clay, compound, polish and then McKee's 37. but no time.

Was wondering more if I should just put on a coat of meguairs ultimate or go get a bottle of cleaner wax. It's going to be spring before I get a change to do this again so it needs to last 9 months.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgjks6 View Post
    I have the meguairs DA drill pad/polisher with the ultimate compound/polish wax. My plan was to clay, compound, polish and then McKee's 37. but no time.

Was wondering more if I should just put on a coat of meguairs ultimate or go get a bottle of cleaner wax. It's going to be spring before I get a change to do this again so it needs to last 9 months.
    You are expecting too much with a 9 month goal.

It's a big stretch for a properly decontaminated, machine polished, and waxed car to get 9 months. Even with regular maintenance.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.