autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can I vacuum sand more effectively?

Quote Originally Posted by LEDetailing View Post
    If you feel super ambitious you could pull the driver’s side carpet if it is segmented. Once out of the vehicle you can pressure rinse with a low pressure, wide fan tipped, pressure washer. Be careful not to get to close to the carpet as a pressure washer can add (permanent) lines to the carpet if you get too close with too much pressure.
    Sadly its all one carpet inside. If i cant get good results, that may be an option.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by richy View Post
    That is where having a vacuum with a high lift rating is so important. I also think it's important for a vacuum to also do wet and not only dry (which to me is frankly useless). Hence why I still strongly suggest this one:

PF51 Wet Dry Vac Review
    Seems like it great option. I just picked up my ridgid a few months ago. It had good power and lifting capabilities but i have nothing to compare it too so im not sure on how well it works. Maybe if it craps the bed ill look into the PF51.

3. Likes richy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I haven’t found a way to make vacuuming built in sand super fast and easy... But IME these 2 attachments work better than the rest.

The Ridgid triangle stiff brush attachment.

This little gulper.

The best thing about this gulper is that it has built in stiff bristles that aren’t removable. [so you don’t have to worry about them slipping off like on other attachments]

I recently bought this turbo brush attachment, but based on my initial testing it seems to be pretty much useless at picking up built in sand from carpets.Can I vacuum sand more effectively?

A plain old crevice tool [prefferably a short 1] also works great and deserves mention.

Is the handle you’re talking about sort of similar to this? I’ve always thought about buying 1 of these but wasn’t sure if it would be that useful.

Funny you mentioned the brush attachment, i just picked up one today. (Not the turbo brush, normal brush.) Ill give it a try!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    i go to the dollar store and buy toilet brushes, cut the handles off and slide it into my cordless drill, then follow the spinning brush head with the vaccum, works great for pet hair as well.
    Now that’s some originality. Props.Can I vacuum sand more effectively?

Post Thanks / Like

Can I vacuum sand more effectively?

Quote Originally Posted by KyleBis2 View Post
    Funny you mentioned the brush attachment, i just picked up one today. (Not the turbo brush, normal brush.) Ill give it a try!
    I haven’t found a way to make vacuuming built in sand super fast and easy...
    Like I said earlier, I’m not promising it’s gonna knock that sand out in an instant, because sand can be on a whole nother level of never ending... But as far all other car vacuuming goes, I absolutely love that attachment. For me it was a game changer. Especially when hooked up to the 2.5” hose for max power, but it also has its drawbacks i.e. when hooked up to the larger hose via the adapter, it makes a crazy loud high pitched noise that can drive you near insane. Can I vacuum sand more effectively? lol.

And when it’s hooked up to the Orange hose that comes in the kit, it seems more prone to slip off [friction fit]. I guess you can’t have your cake and eat it too.

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Eldorado nice to see you tested one of those turbo nozzle attachement out. When it comes fine sand that penetrates the carpets deep I too don't think they are so effective. More effective to that dirt that lays on top of the carpets or just in it.
    A few years back I had a Dirt Devil bagless vacuum for the house that came with a turbo attachment. I also had a nubuck couch and 2 indoor cats... That attachment was perfect when it came to vacuuming cat fur off that couch, but its limitations are exactly how you describe.

7. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's what it's like

YouTube

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

9. Likes subyfan, Goonie75, K370Z liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven’t found a way to make vacuuming built in sand super fast and easy... But IME these 2 attachments work better than the rest.

The Ridgid triangle stiff brush attachment.

This little gulper.

The best thing about this gulper is that it has built in stiff bristles that aren’t removable. [so you don’t have to worry about them slipping off like on other attachments]

I recently bought this turbo brush attachment, but based on my initial testing it seems to be pretty much useless at picking up built in sand from carpets.Can I vacuum sand more effectively?

A plain old crevice tool [prefferably a short 1] also works great and deserves mention.

Is the handle you’re talking about sort of similar to this? I’ve always thought about buying 1 of these but wasn’t sure if it would be that useful.

What brand is that handle?

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    Here's what it's like

YouTube

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Pure Genius!

One of the coolest homemade detailing tools I’ve ever seen. The 90 degree drill makes that tool so much more useful. Just awesome!

12. Thanks Cruzscarwash thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Can I vacuum sand more effectively?

Quote Originally Posted by KyleBis2 View Post
    What brand is that handle?

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Ridgid makes it, however they don’t have it in stores. Only online.

2.5” diameter accessory.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by richy View Post
    That is where having a vacuum with a high lift rating is so important. I also think it's important for a vacuum to also do wet and not only dry (which to me is frankly useless). Hence why I still strongly suggest this one:

PF51 Wet Dry Vac Review
    How would the power on that compare to a big ridgid shop vac 16 gallon
    with a 2 inch hose?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast