autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Worx Hydroshot - Poor water pressure

Hey all. Just did my first detail with the Worx Hydroshot and I was underwhelmed by the water pressure. I used the more powerful 4 amp battery combined with the turbo nozzle, and even on the high setting the Hydroshot barely managed enough water pressure to sufficiently rinse the car after a foam pre-rinse. It took forever!

Could I have been doing something wrong?

Post Thanks / Like

Work Hydroshot - Poor water pressure

i've got the same user experience and i think it only comes in handy for some areas like :
    - engine bay
    - door jam
    - pre rinse for RW or WW

For rinsing away foam i much prefer using a hose Work Hydroshot - Poor water pressure

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Work Hydroshot - Poor water pressure

I have the turbo head too but decided not to use it ....I get better results using the standard head, but I agree for flooding and rinsing, a hose is better, I use it on the wheels most of the time, with mixed rinseless in the 1 liter bottle attachment.
    Glen -

Post Thanks / Like

I would think for rinsing soap/foam, you’d need volume, not pressure. The worx is only rated at 1/2 gallon per minute, so I’d guess that’s why it’s not clearing the foam.

Plus, I’d wonder if the water pressure would be agitating the foam and actually creating more?

5. Likes TTQ B4U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

And another miracle tool bites the dust.

Thanks for the review.

I got to say, at the top of my list to compliment a hose now is the Kranzel 1322. Just not sold yet on needing more to spend $1000+.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven’t bought anything from Works that actually works. Their customer service is the worlds worst.

8. Thanks dcjredline thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As a user of it and a fan of it, I will say that it's not a tool that I would use to detail a car in the traditional fashion. For me it's strictly a rinseless wash tool for use in the winter while inside my heated garage. I don't have a floor drain so being able to use it in place of a pressure sprayer and as a replacement to another previous battery operated system that I damaged, this one works great. Again, keep it for rinseless situations or for the use around the house to apply things like Spray and Forget or law weed and brush treatments. All of those it's been great for as well.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

I use my Worx Hydroshot to blast as much dirt and bird crap off as I can before I start the wash process. You have to keep in mind that it does not replace a pressure washer and the absolute best pressure you can hope for is 300 psi. This is assuming that your household water pressure is 30 psi. I really like the Hydroshot but I am not impressed with the power nozzle. All it does is spin the concentrated jet around.
    The Hydroshot is a great tool in the winter as you can draw water right from a bucket. I can fill three buckets with hot water and do a complete wash without dragging out the hose.

11. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Worx Hydroshot - Poor water pressure

Thanks for the replies.

The Hydroshot was a very disappointing purchase. I didn't need it to be as powerful as a pressure washer, but it would have been nice for it to at least be as good as a hose. I think in some ways it was more wasteful than a pressure washer, as it took far more water than it should have to rinse the soap off my car.

As I mentioned in another thread, our HOA has stringent guidelines about water usage. There are no external hose hookups and running a line from inside the apartment to an outside pressure washer isn't an acceptable workaround. So I am still looking for an alternative solution. I found these two items on Amazon, neither have glowing reviews, but I am getting desperate. Does anyone have positive experiences with these?

Sun Joe SPX6000C-XR iON Cordless Pressure Washer

Pure Clean Portable Spray Washer

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Worx Hydroshot - Poor water pressure

Saw the info yesterday on it. Am I correct in saying it can also be hooked up to a regular garden hose to greatly increase pressure? At least they showed it that it can be done.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast