autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Work Hydroshot - Poor water pressure

How would this be for cleaning engine bays, compared to something like an airless paint sprayer?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Worx Hydroshot - Poor water pressure

As a user of the Hydroshot it's all about expectations. It works well for what it is but don't expect it to blow you away.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

3. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfielder32087 View Post
    As a user of the Hydroshot it's all about expectations. It works well for what it is but don't expect it to blow you away.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app
    I agree. I think many expect it to have the power a true PW. I'm using it as a quick way to clean the engine bay and minor salt during winter. Simply fill a bucket up with distilled water and you're good to go. No hose to deal with. Seems like a great tool. Mine is coming on Saturday. I'm also getting a Big Boi Buddi or Metro Sidekick dryer for the engine bay.

5. Likes bfielder32087 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been using mine for over a year, its not a pressure washer, not even a hose with an average sprayer on it and I've had no problems rinsing soap from my car. I always use my IK Foam 9 for pre-wash when I do a 2BM and no problems across the board. Is it powerful, no but we have underground parking in our apartment and I'm able to maintain and keep my car looking great year round, its all about using the tool and understanding its parameters, plain and simple.
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

7. Likes PaulMys, Mdjas, CleanIT, SWETM, Misterpaul and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I've been using mine for over a year, its not a pressure washer, not even a hose with an average sprayer on it and I've had no problems rinsing soap from my car. I always use my IK Foam 9 for pre-wash when I do a 2BM and no problems across the board. Is it powerful, no but we have underground parking in our apartment and I'm able to maintain and keep my car looking great year round, its all about using the tool and understanding its parameters, plain and simple.
    Was looking at the Hydroshot, and wonder how much powerful the 2- 20volt battery wg644 model is? Super hard water here, so it would be nice to use some filtered water to rinse at the end.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    I haven’t bought anything from Works that actually works. Their customer service is the worlds worst.
    Yeah, you can pretty much discount anything with an infomercial. LOL. Big hat no cattle.
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

I do like the Hydroshot especially in the winter. In 25 degree temperatures, I can fill a couple of buckets and use the Hydroshot to rinse the salt off of the vehicle. It is not close to a pressure washer. The absolute best you can hope for is 300 PSI but it does serve a purpose.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post
    I do like the Hydroshot especially in the winter. In 25 degree temperatures, I can fill a couple of buckets and use the Hydroshot to rinse the salt off of the vehicle. It is not close to a pressure washer. The absolute best you can hope for is 300 PSI but it does serve a purpose.
    I dont expect it to be powerful, just need it to rinse soap suds off after hand washing. I know the soap dispenser isnt a true foamer, but would be nice to pretreat vehicles with a little soap beforehand that are really soiled before hand washing. Still havent heard much feedback on the newer 2 battery unit.

Post Thanks / Like

i use the SPX6000 cordless in the winter to wash the car. It gets the job done ( house hoses disconnected for the winter)
    2022 Carrera S & Honda CRV Hybrid
    2015 Lexus IS 350, 2016 Ford F-150
    Cobalt 242 (8.1 L block, Volvo outdrive)

Post Thanks / Like

I live in a condo and have no access to water. I use my 4 amp Hydroshot to wash. Takes longer and I burn through 2-5 gallon buckets of tap water. But it eventually gets the job done. Not ideal, but making the best of it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Autogeekonline mobile app

14. Likes TTQ B4U liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123