autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Correct Technique for MEnzerna products

Hi everyone,

I've been working with menzerna products this days and i'm having some issues i hope you can help me out:

GG DA 5" Application with Buff and shine Uro-Cell and Uro-Tec Foam pads, Menzerna FG 400 and SF 3500, with the compound stage i get way too much dust, is this normal?, and for the SF with a polish/finishing pad i get a little dust however i get micromarring.

So the first question: How long should i work the SF 3500 since this is my LSP and the second one, what speed/pressure is the right one?.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Correct Technique for MEnzerna products

If you're getting a lot of dust with the FG400 it's probably because there's a lot of oxidation on your paint or maybe you're using too much product.

When it comes to FG400 a little goes a long way and you can run it till the shine you want comes up - working inside of course, out in the sun products dry too fast and even though they can be made to work, it's not optimal. Make sure your pad is covered lightly with product then add just a little as you go and work it till it pretty much disappears and just a light residue remains. If you do that right, you'll have a wax/sealant ready finish.

Sometimes it helps to just wax over the top of that slight residue - less marring and a better shine.

RSW

Post Thanks / Like

Which pads are you using exactly?

Remember that 3500 contains no protective wax or sealants.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RSW View Post
    If you're getting a lot of dust with the FG400 it's probably because there's a lot of oxidation on your paint or maybe you're using too much product.

When it comes to FG400 a little goes a long way and you can run it till the shine you want comes up - working inside of course, out in the sun products dry too fast and even though they can be made to work, it's not optimal. Make sure your pad is covered lightly with product then add just a little as you go and work it till it pretty much disappears and just a light residue remains. If you do that right, you'll have a wax/sealant ready finish.

Sometimes it helps to just wax over the top of that slight residue - less marring and a better shine.

RSW
    Wax right over polisher residue?? I assume you're talking about a cleaner wax??
    2015 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat
    2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

Post Thanks / Like

If you are outside and it is hot out it will dust faster. Most other weather conditions Menzerna won't really dust.

Post Thanks / Like

The amount of residue I'm talking about it's the amount most people would have after they wiped the panel. Run the polish way way down, then go over it with Menzerna Powerlock Plus. You can add another coat if you think you need too.

Try wiping the product off half a panel. Then, wax the residue off on the other half and look for a difference.

RSW

Post Thanks / Like

What speed are you running your GG DA at with FG400? FG400 works best at slower speeds - 3 to 4 and you shouldn't get the dusting.
    2018 Ford F150 - Ruby Red Metallic
    2019 Honda Odyssey - Obsidian Blue

Post Thanks / Like

Some great advises and trouble shooting above. I will ad to not overwork the compound and polish. With a normal armspeed and pressure 4-6 slightly over lapping passes per sections is enough. When you see it starts to dust turn off the polisher and wipe off the residue and inspect. If your clearcoat is on the softer you could be useing a to aggressive compound and pad. Which cause alot of residue aka dust. Or you have a very neglected oxidized paint that gives you alot of residue which you could hold down with a drop of more compound. So the residue paint gets in the compound residue and not gets to much and sling away.

A more explanation on the environment you work in and what kind of car you work on and the defects on the paint you are correcting. Would be easier to pin point why it dust for you.

And as stated sf3500 is a finishing polish with no protection in it. So a LSP application is needed after this step.