autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Polish Angel Master sealant?

The directions on the Polish Angel web page are notoriously horrible. Looking at some Threads Online and their directions it seems like they are trying to say it has a ceramic base? Is this true?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Polish Angel Master sealant?

Fight,

The unofficial expert on the Polish Angel is 512 on Autopia, may I recommend posting this on the Autopia forum
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards.

Post Thanks / Like

Nop not ceramic based..other thread guy mentioned MS has Sio2 and Tio2 ..i think he got his product mixed up.. he probably read the description of Cosmic V2..MS does not require primer like cosmic..
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality." - Ayn Ran

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nix View Post
    Nop not ceramic based..other thread guy mentioned MS has Sio2 and Tio2 ..i think he got his product mixed up.. he probably read the description of Cosmic V2..MS does not require primer like cosmic..
    IDK he seemed confident. We are talking about the same thread though. The Polish Angel Website does mention ceramic with the MS.

I I think he was trying to say it's the same as carnubaflockencream which is ceramic based

5. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

DESCRIPTION:
    MASTER SEALANT is an easy to use premium paint sealant. It's high-quality is clear with the fine level of gloss it produces and paint slickness similar to that of a carnauba based sealing product. This masterpiece contains extreme paint sealing polymers that protects like a crystal clear ceramic layer. This finish will last up to 12 months on the paint] protecting it from all kinds of weather, including acid, water spotting and offers an intense UV protection.

I got this straight from their website..
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality." - Ayn Ran

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    The directions on the Polish Angel web page
    are notoriously horrible. Looking at some
    Threads Online and their directions it seems
    like they are trying to say it has a ceramic base?

Is this true?
    Nop not ceramic based..other thread guy
    mentioned MS has Sio2 and Tio2...
    {Hip, Hip, Hooray!...for the
    magic of oblique marketing.}

Pliny the Elder recommended that a
    grain of salt was to be used as an
    antidote for poison.

•In this instance: instead of salt, I’ll
    suggest to substitute “a grain of sand”;
    -For among many of its “properties”, Silica
    (SiO2) is the starting material for ceramics.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

8. Likes GEM65, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

DESCRIPTION:
    MASTER SEALANT is an easy to use premium paint sealant. It's high-quality is clear with the fine level of gloss it produces and paint slickness similar to that of a carnauba based sealing product. This masterpiece contains extreme paint sealing polymers that protects like a crystal clear ceramic layer. This finish will last up to 12 months on the paint] protecting it from all kinds of weather, including acid, water spotting and offers an intense UV protection.

I got this straight from their website..
    I know but it's so vague it says "protects like" a ceramic layer. It doesn't say it is a ceramic layer. The carnubaflocken creme says it has sio2 and tio2 specifically

10. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    The carnubaflocken creme says it has sio2 and tio2 specifically
    Hmmm...this sounds potentially interesting. Did not know this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Hmmm...this sounds potentially interesting. Did not know this.
    Yeah its been around for at least 5 years now its a very nice hybrid wax.

It makes sense that the Master sealant is the same thing except they are using synthetic wax instead of real carnauba.

I'm surprised we don't have conformation on this 1 way or the other. I'll email travis kent the rep but its hit or miss sometimes he responds sometimes no. It usually takes a few days but ill update the thread if he responds

13. Likes SWETM, BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's me that is claiming it's has both sio2 and tio2 in it. I live in Sweden and the reseller of Polish Angel here is also involved with testing and devolop of products to PA. Viking Coat and Viking Shield has came out of their testing and made by specification of PA Sweden. I made a translation from their description on MS on their page.

This outstanding sealant offers its innovative silica content (SI02) for increased hardness and titanium dioxide (TiO2) for increased reflectivity and clarity.

And after direction of use this writes:
    For best results and durability use POLISHANGEL® |ESCALATE LOTION |THE ORIGINAL before applying Master Sealant
    ESCALATE LOTION is designed for use together Master Sealant

Esclate Lotion don't has any protection in but glossenhancers and when used after polishing it helps with getting the polishing oils to evaporate like essence does. So it's a kind of a paint cleaner that recommended to use before MS. Of course you could use it with other products. And products that is based on sio2 and tio2 need as a clean surface as possible to bond properly. The primer would be Invicible Primer which is recommended to cosmic and Viking Coat. I confess that I called Esclate Lotion as a primer before wrong.

MS I don't think is only based on sio2 and tio2. But have other polymers to get it their special look. And I think that other products that is based on sio2 and tio2 is also containing other things to get it their own looks. This and the different strings of sio2 and if it's has tio2 makes them looking different. Just what I think though.

Either way Polish Angel makes some awesome looking LSP and if they calls it a sealant or coating or wax I don't mind. If you would like to use products out of PA it could be good to know what it's based on. PA has way more products offered than AGO has. And it's not unusual that it is so. For an example Cosmic v2 can be orded as color matching to your car. And the color coded spray waxes they have many too. It's an interesting line of products they have and the ease of use is awesome I think. Think they are making their LSP with the looks and ease of use in mind than the extreme longevity of it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast