autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

HD Speed vs Megs D166 vs Menz 3 in 1

So my bottle of Speed has been sitting for over 2 years as I used it once or twice back then and was unimpressed and chalked it down as a hype product. Used it back then on a DAS6/PC24 with green BnS pads. Fast forward to recently and reached for it again and decided to use it on a 2015 Mercedes and test against Menz 3 in 1 and Megs D166 this time using the Rupes 21 MKII and Megs DFC5 Maroon foam pads. It blew the other two AIO’s away in gloss and correction and boy did it impress me in everything, work time, cut, finish, wipe off, no dusting etc. No idea if the paint this time round preferred Speed or Speed preferred being used with a more aggressive machine and pad. Regardless... I am now a believer.

2. Thanks Avgguy, VitreousHumor thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HD Speed vs Megs D166 vs Menz 3 in 1

Speed preferred being used with a more aggressive machine and pad combo. A green B & S pad pretty much does nothing with Speed. I use orange B & S or LC, but prefer B & S with Speed.

Thanks for the post!
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

4. Likes Ronin47, PaulMys liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    Speed preferred being used with a more aggressive machine and pad combo. A green B & S pad pretty much does nothing with Speed. I use orange B & S or LC, but prefer B & S with Speed.

Thanks for the post!
    Great from now on end will use it with BnS Orange and Megs Maroon. Have you or anyone else tried it on the Rupes Yellow? Me thinks should be similar results as BnS Orange.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin47 View Post
    Great from now on end will use it with BnS Orange and Megs Maroon. Have you or anyone else tried it on the Rupes Yellow? Me thinks should be similar results as BnS Orange.
    I have only read it somewhere that Rupes foam pads don't like petrolium based product as Speed is. It's cleaner chemical is Petroleum Distillates. It can be a safety precaution they have. I would test with a pad and see how it works with it. Think it has which glue is used between the foam and velcro. If it's desolves the glue and delaminate the pad.

Post Thanks / Like

So having just about ever AIOon my shelf, menz doesn't have much cut but tons of working time.
    Meg's is pretty much the second as speed when it comes to how long you can work it but turns clear has much more cut but not as much gloss.
    Speed is probably the best all around go to for most situations.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

8. Thanks Ronin47 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    So having just about ever AIOon my shelf, menz doesn't have much cut but tons of working time.
    Meg's is pretty much the second as speed when it comes to how long you can work it but turns clear has much more cut but not as much gloss.
    Speed is probably the best all around go to for most situations.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Speed is pretty much my go-to with BOSS orange or BOSS Microfiber pads. For lighter colors I'll use Megs 166, It does seem to have a bit more gloss to it. Pics are of a '00 4-Runner with pretty bad brush scratches. Speed with BOSS MF pads, 4 passes on a G21.

10. Thanks VitreousHumor thanked for this post
    Likes Diner, VitreousHumor, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have used both Speed and D166. Both are great. Speed is far more slick after but both have corrected well. Can't speak to Menzerna. IMO different paints react differently to various products this sometimes it pays to do a test spot

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

12. Likes SNP209 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin47 View Post
    So my bottle of Speed has been sitting for over 2 years as I used it once or twice back then and was unimpressed and chalked it down as a hype product. Used it back then on a DAS6/PC24 with green BnS pads. Fast forward to recently and reached for it again and decided to use it on a 2015 Mercedes and test against Menz 3 in 1 and Megs D166 this time using the Rupes 21 MKII and Megs DFC5 Maroon foam pads. It blew the other two AIO’s away in gloss and correction and boy did it impress me in everything, work time, cut, finish, wipe off, no dusting etc. No idea if the paint this time round preferred Speed or Speed preferred being used with a more aggressive machine and pad. Regardless... I am now a believer.
    Good to hear. My go to is Speed with an orange LC flat.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

14. Likes VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Have used Speed, D166 and McKees 360....all three with Griots BOSS 5.5" orange pads. Best cut and longest protection of the three....McKees 360. Slickest and most glossy.....Speed. D166 was right in the middle of the other two in both categories. All three had good working time and no dusting issues.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

I do however also like D166 and Menz 3 in 1, will continue to use them along with Speed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast