autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Foam cannon applied ceramic coatings--have tips?

Any of you have experience applying ceramic coatings with the foam cannon? Wish there were more videos on this. Im told applying dry and buffing lasts longer on the vehicle. It probably also uses less product.

For quickness i want to use the foam cannon. Ive got the cheap $20 amazon unit and the dial that controls ratio likes to move around on me. Last thing i want to do is blast $40 worth of product onto the vehicle just to have the majority fall onto the ground.

Trying to brainstorm here and wonder if using a very diluted ratio will be more efficient overall. Because you would be applying the product and spreading it with water at the same time. Then finish with a straight water rinse.

Or would it be better to apply less material at a stronger ratio. Then quickly remove the cannon and spread/rinse with water. That might have less wasted product on the ground.

I understand the foam cannon is the quicker more lazy way. Im looking to do this to an RV to maintain UV protection and not spend half a day waxing the darn thing that sits outside 24/7 and gets dusty within days.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Foam cannon applied ceramic coatings--have tips?

Never heard of a coating applied by foam cannon. It’s a good idea but probably not possible because it would get all over including plastics and glass.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Are you referring to coating soaps? Or are you taking about air brushing the coating liquid on the paint?

Post Thanks / Like

You add the ceramic coating into the foam cannon. Spray onto the wet vehicle and do a final rinse with clean water. The rinsing is what spreads the product. The foam cannon method does not use towels to spread and level.

Even though the product can be applied dry with towels. Or you can spray onto the wet surface and rinse with water. Or final method is spray onto wet surface using a foam cannon.

Post Thanks / Like

why not just use a product which is specially designed as spray and rinse..Mckees 37 Hydro Blue Sio2 spray on coating
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality." - Ayn Ran

Post Thanks / Like

Yes the product i have is designed as a spray and rinse. Checked out the McKees Hydro and it looks like that stuff could also be applied with a foam cannon.

Post Thanks / Like

I am not understanding why you want to do this? I product like M37 Hydro Blue comes in a spray bottle and all you do is rinse with high pressure water. Nothing more than hose, nozzle & spray bottle is needed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like

I think I understand what you are trying to do here. I would suggest a pump sprayer to spray the product all over one side of the rv, then pressure washer(or strong stream of water)to activate the coating and rinse off. This way you don't have to wear out your hand trying to spray the solution over the entire rv with the trigger on the bottle it comes in. I don't think I would try to do more than one side at a time though.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies. Using the foam cannon for speed of application. Imagine how many squirts from a spray bottle it would take to coat a 30 foot RV. Moving the ladder every 3 feet.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes a garden sprayer is another option. One negative is that i would have to dump $40 worth of product into the garden sprayer so it has enough volume. With the foam cannon you can attach the bottle of product directly. Or pour a few ounces into the bottle that comes with the cannon.

To be clear this is not my idea. Im hoping other people have experience using the foam cannon and have experimented with different strength ratios. Whole goal is to protect the RV without wasting too much expensive product.

Let me find a video.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast