autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Finishing Polish For Soft Paint

Probably another which would work well, would be Wolfgang Finishing Glaze.

I've used it, and as others have informed us folks, the "Glaze" name is a misnomer, it is actually an extremely fine last step ultra finishing polish, about the equivalent I believe to Menzerna 3800-4000.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD51 View Post

Probably another which would work well, would be Wolfgang Finishing Glaze.

I've used it, and as others have informed us folks, the "Glaze" name is a misnomer, it is actually an extremely fine last step ultra finishing polish, about the equivalent I believe to Menzerna 3800-4000.

With a soft foam finishing pad, this has always worked for me on very soft paints.

And you're correct, it's not a "glaze", that's meaningless word in our industry now days. It's a fine cut polish.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by james751993 View Post

When it comes to soft paint what finishing polishes and pads do you guys use to achieve a haze-free finish?

-James

Are you going to install a coating?

If not, then get some Blackfire One Step and use like a finishing polish. You can always top it with a dedicated wax or sealant for more protection.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    With a soft foam finishing pad, this has always worked for me on very soft paints.

And you're correct, it's not a "glaze", that's meaningless word in our industry now days. It's a fine cut polish.

If only the name of a product was the same across the board !

I will most likely install a coating in the next 2 months or so. Probably CQuartz.

Post Thanks / Like

Did you think of carpro reflect or essence if you are going to a coating ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

UPDATE: I decided to start my testing with Menzerna SF3500 since it was a product I could get my hands on quickly. Just as soon as my search began it finished. 3500 finished BRILLIANTLY on the paint with zero marring using a LC CCS black finishing pad. From what I have read, 3500 uses diminishing abrasives so I experimented with amount of passes and machine speed. The best method to remove most blemishes was 4 speed on the polisher and 5 passes over the section.
    Thank you to everyone for their input.

-James

7. Likes SWETM, DBAILEY, dlc95, D.BRITT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

UPDATE: I decided to start my testing with Menzerna SF3500 since it was a product I could get my hands on quickly. Just as soon as my search began it finished. 3500 finished BRILLIANTLY on the paint with zero marring using a LC CCS black finishing pad. From what I have read, 3500 uses diminishing abrasives so I experimented with amount of passes and machine speed. The best method to remove most blemishes was 4 speed on the polisher and 5 passes over the section.

-James
    Great to hear that you got it sorted out.

9. Likes james751993 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

-James
    Very happy that you have gotten the results you were seeking, that's good news.

I'm very sorry and apologize to you, that when I followed along, and responded to you here, I never looked to the left and noted your location. My fault, not yours.

That due to location, it may not have been an easy matter getting detailing supplies from the USA. I'm hoping my mention of Menzerna and comparing the Wolfgang products to them that a light went on and that you then knew what to seek for a Polish to get the job done.

It is my understanding that the Wolfgang Polishes are indeed made by Menzerna, perhaps from their USA located Facility, and/or marketed for the USA.

I'm not sure how many other PBMG house brand's products and Polishes may be made by them, but I can attest that all their product lines are totally first class in every way.

Best of luck!

11. Likes james751993 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD51 View Post
    Very happy that you have gotten the results you were seeking, that's good news.

I'm very sorry and apologize to you, that when I followed along, and responded to you here, I never looked to the left and noted your location. My fault, not yours.

That due to location, it may not have been an easy matter getting detailing supplies from the USA. I'm hoping my mention of Menzerna and comparing the Wolfgang products to them that a light went on and that you then knew what to seek for a Polish to get the job done.

It is my understanding that the Wolfgang Polishes are indeed made by Menzerna, perhaps from their USA located Facility, and/or marketed for the USA.

I'm not sure how many other PBMG house brand's products and Polishes may be made by them, but I can attest that all their product lines are totally first class in every way.

Best of luck!
    Nah, no offence taken mate your suggestion solved my issue.
    We do have a few suppliers here that can get products that PBMG stock. I went with Menzerna as the supplier had a shopfront that was close to my home. For some reason I cant find a supplier for SF3800, even on the Menserna Australia website it makes no mention of it. I would have preferred SF3800 in following the 'use the least aggressive method to get the job done' but only SF3500 is available locally. Maybe I'll order some off Autogeek once my shopping list grows to make the shipping cost worth it.

-James

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12