autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meguiar's D301 Finishing Wax on Tinted Windows

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Calendyr: You don't like Speed on the windshield?

I've been happy with applying it to mine.
    That sounds similar to Klasse AIO, which I have always been a super big fan of over the years, although now that I use CQuartz, it means AIO is not in the picture any longer for the exterior anyway.

So you have not had any issues with fog using the HD Speed? I would sure think it is super hydrophobic and would create issues, but maybe not.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnie View Post
    That sounds similar to Klasse AIO, which I have always been a super big fan of over the years, although now that I use CQuartz, it means AIO is not in the picture any longer for the exterior anyway.

So you have not had any issues with fog using the HD Speed? I would sure think it is super hydrophobic and would create issues, but maybe not.
    No. I will run a clay mitt over it after a wash, so the glass is clean, and give it a few quick section passes with Speed.

Never had any fog. But, I know every case is different. Just stating my personal experience.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Okay... so I thought you were using it on interior tinted windows... different application.

4. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay... so I thought you were using it on interior tinted windows... different application.
    Sorry for the confusion.

Exterior only, which is why I asked my question to Calendyr. But, all of these posts help members to learn.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

6. Likes Sonnie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Exactly... I don't want to risk the possibility of abrasive wax... and D301 might be okay, but now I am more worried about any wax being too hydrophobic for the interior. I remember applying Klasse AIO on my interior glass once a long time back, and at first it was okay, but then there came a rainy day that I battled the foggy glass syndrome. That's why I think the recommendation for McKee's 37 Plex-All and/or Brillianize might actually be the better choice. Both of those offer polymers with protection, slick finish, anti-static and anti-fog properties... at least from all I researched, which is a pretty good bit.

And I need to make a correction... it was not the manufacturer (Prestige) that recommended a silicone based polish, it was the dealer. The way it looked in the dressed up email from the dealer that mentioned silicone polish made me think it was something the manufacturer was recommending, since the dealer had given me a card with Brillianize written on it. I have not clarified with the dealer yet why the two different recommendations, but I did call Prestige, and they said they don't really have any recommendations outside of using Stoner's Invisible Glass Cleaner or Meguiar's D120 (which I have and is less cost) or something similar. Manufacturer did say the Spectra Photosync was extremely scratch resistant and very durable. Nick at Prestige had never heard of Brillianize or applying silicone polish or wax. So I am curious how the dealer comes to this conclusion. Granted he has been installing tint for 30+ years, but still curious why he recommends what he does. I have sent him an email.
    You are not worried about applying a product that might interact badly with the adhesive layer? If Photosync is anything like 3M it will have many extremely thin layers of laminate. Those laminates are specifically designed to coexist well with non-ammonia glass cleaners, mild detergent and water. It is quite an investment to be experimenting with the risk being compromising the laminated layers and the bonding chemistry to the glass. If this could be redone for $50 it might be OK but my ceramic tints all ran over $500/vehicle and I really don't want to be risking anything with them.

Post Thanks / Like

Of course I am worried... it's why I am asking questions and researching. Yes... $954 to be exact.

There won't be any experimenting on my part... that's been done with what I plan to use, the M37 Plex-All, and it has been verified okay on all tints. None the less, I'll still apply it on my sunroof tint first for a few weeks prior to doing the rest of the vehicle.

I've had ceramic tint before this... Huper Optik... another expensive setup, although not as much as Photosync. I actually used Klasse AIO on it and it was fine as far as not damaging the tint. However there was a fog issue and having to wipe it too much during cold and wet weather times.

Post Thanks / Like

Of course I am worried... it's why I am asking questions and researching. Yes... $954 to be exact.

There won't be any experimenting on my part... that's been done with what I plan to use, the M37 Plex-All, and it has been verified okay on all tints. None the less, I'll still apply it on my sunroof tint first for a few weeks prior to doing the rest of the vehicle.

I've had ceramic tint before this... Huper Optik... another expensive setup, although not as much as Photosync. I actually used Klasse AIO on it and it was fine as far as not damaging the tint. However there was a fog issue and having to wipe it too much during cold and wet weather times.
    Fogging can usually be fixed with A/C. I never have issues in any of our vehicles, even on cold rainy days.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I don't either when I'm not using AIO... but try some Klasse AIO on your interior glass and that A/C won't work the same for fog.

Post Thanks / Like

You have seemed to find an option in McKees 37 plex-all. And you seem cautious to not dive head first into something. Wait for the installers answer on his thought about useing what he recommended. Since he seems to be worked for many years with tinted windows it could be something that have hanged on through the years. If it's something that helps with the friction on open the windows and not stress it. Then I would test to apply the McKees product after you think it's works for you on the sunroof. If you sense it's for old versions of window tints and not the manufacture of what you have and you thinks it works good without any product applyied on it. I would leave them as it is.

Hope you get some more information from the installer that you can move on to what to do.

Post Thanks / Like

Installer stated M37 is better and has the UV protection as well, which is always good.

He has been recommending Brillianize because it is less expensive and has worked well for them.

Says either is fine to use.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123