autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Gyeon Cure question

Hello all!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

I sealed my Explorer in March with PA Master sealant and it looked great at first, but after a couple washes ( I was my car every sunday), the beading and sheeting abilities started to diminish. I topped it with High Gloss after the third wash and it brought the gloss right back, but the beading and sheeting remained the same.

Fast forward to last week, after reading a lot about Gyeon Cure as a drying aid, I decided to give it a shot. It was the Explorers turn to get washed again today and I noticed the water didnt bead or sheet at all. After the wash, nothing improved.To make sure the car was protected I sprayed it with Wet Coat and used Cure as a drying aid which brought back the beading and sheeting. Did I do something wrong? Does Cure and Master Sealant not play well, or did the Master Sealant reach the end of its life already?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gyeon Cure question

Cure is going to be diluted when used as a drying aid, so I suspect this played a role in in not seeing the strong performance from it. Wet Coat on the other hand is designed to interact with water which makes sense as to why the beading returned. Also no need to use Wet Coat and Cure together. Pick one or the other.

3. Likes DETAILROOKIE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Cure is going to be diluted when used as a drying aid, so I suspect this played a role in in not seeing the strong performance from it. Wet Coat on the other hand is designed to interact with water which makes sense as to why the beading returned. Also no need to use Wet Coat and Cure together. Pick one or the other.
    Thank you for your advice.

The main reason why I used Cure after Wet Coat is because the pollen is still high here in NC and I want to reduce the chances of me scratching the paint after I blow dry it. Should I choose another something else to assist in the drying aide?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

CarPro Ech20 works great with coatings. I use it at 1:20 on my coated vehicles.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    CarPro Ech20 works great with coatings. I use it at 1:20 on my coated vehicles.
    For simple post-wash maintenance and water spot removal do you prefer Cure or Ech20? I've heard Cure diluted 1:1 works well for this purpose and also heard rave reviews of Ech20, but never a comparison.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    For simple post-wash maintenance and water spot removal do you prefer Cure or Ech20? I've heard Cure diluted 1:1 works well for this purpose and also heard rave reviews of Ech20, but never a comparison.
    I use Ech2o a majority of the time as a drying aid if I am drying with the McKee's turbo dryer. It does not affect the water behavior that much. I don't have issues with water spotting so I can't comment on that. The only time I use cure at 1:1 is when I use it to maintain the CanCoat on my mom's car. I am also experimenting on half of my dad's car that has Syncro on it. But most of the time it is Ech20.

8. Thanks Desertnate thanked for this post