autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Compound ideas

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Compound ideas

I did a Porsche that was resprayed with a hard clear. M105 wasn't touching it. That was with a foam cut pad.

I then used FG400 on MF Cut Disc. Awesome combo. Finished off well. Owner thought it was ready for LSP. The bad, for me, was that it stunk bad. Worst I've smelled. I don't remember having issues with dusting.

Same car, I tried D300. Same excellent results as with the FG400, but a little easier to work with, especially the wipe off. Seemed to go a little faster, too.

Cruz, you probably forgot You HAVE used Sonax CutMax. At least I think you did. On Adam Carolla's Lamborghini. I enjoyed working with that compound a lot. If I didn't already have so many products, I'd buy it.

2. Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    I did a Porsche that was resprayed with a hard clear. M105 wasn't touching it. That was with a foam cut pad.

I then used FG400 on MF Cut Disc. Awesome combo. Finished off well. Owner thought it was ready for LSP. The bad, for me, was that it stunk bad. Worst I've smelled. I don't remember having issues with dusting.

Same car, I tried D300. Same excellent results as with the FG400, but a little easier to work with, especially the wipe off. Seemed to go a little faster, too.

Cruz, you probably forgot You HAVE used Sonax CutMax. At least I think you did. On Adam Carolla's Lamborghini. I enjoyed working with that compound a lot. If I didn't already have so many products, I'd buy it.
    Lol,you are right, we did!!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

4. Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LSNAutoDetailing View Post
    Smell can be a bit overwhelming after many hours of use. But, Pinnacle Advanced Compound or BOSS Fast Correcting Cream are my go to's.
    You’re not kidding about the smell on the Pinnacle compound. When I got the samples from you, I was so taken back by the smell lol. It’s ridiculously strong.

The compound is fantastic, but man does it stink.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin47 View Post
    CarPro Clear Cut has replaced almost all compounds for me. Cuts far more than Menzerna 300 and finishes like 2500.
    Ron, I'm starting to think you got a bad bottle of Menzerna SHC 300.

I think Carpro Clearcut is FANTASTIC, but for me it cuts a little more than Jescar Correction Compound and little less than M101. It doesn't smell like strong solvents like M101 which I love and when used on microfiber it won't dust anywhere near as much as M101.

Menzerna SHC300 is by far the BEST "rocks in a bottle" compound I've ever used. It's one of the only compounds that can actually reduce the amount of orange peel/texture especially on softer paints or single stage enamels. What I love about SHC300 is that menzerna gave us a compound that's sole purpose was to rapidly remove paint and they didn't sacrifice ANY cut to try and improve it's finishing ability. It's one of the only compounds sold through AG that couldn't be manipulated to do a 1-step correction. Personally, I don't think any compound other than M101 even comes close to the cutting ability of Menzerna SHC300.

7. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mwoywod View Post

I think Carpro Clearcut is FANTASTIC, but for me it cuts a little more than Jescar Correction Compound and little less than M101. It doesn't smell like strong solvents like M101 which I love and when used on microfiber it won't dust anywhere near as much as M101.

Menzerna SHC300 is by far the BEST "rocks in a bottle" compound I've ever used. It's one of the only compounds that can actually reduce the amount of orange peel/texture especially on softer paints or single stage enamels. What I love about SHC300 is that menzerna gave us a compound that's sole purpose was to rapidly remove paint and they didn't sacrifice ANY cut to try and improve it's finishing ability. It's one of the only compounds sold through AG that couldn't be manipulated to do a 1-step correction. Personally, I don't think any compound other than M101 even comes close to the cutting ability of Menzerna SHC300.
    I’ve only ever gotten slightly more cut from 300 over 400. Having said that, the type of machine used will also dictate the level of cut and I’m mainly on the Mille and 21 MKII.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mwoywod View Post

Does M101 smell like FG400?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    Does M101 smell like FG400?
    yes

11. Thanks dlc95 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    CarPro Clear Cut. Hands down a game changer for me.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk
    I would love to try Clear Cut because I think Car Pro is really superior quality overall. Haven't had the chance yet, but Menzerna and Sonax are both fantastic

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345