autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Compound ideas

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Compound ideas

CarPro Clear Cut has replaced almost all compounds for me. Cuts far more than Menzerna 300 and finishes like 2500.

2. Likes DetailTrail liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Griot's Fast Correcting cream is awesome! I've hard Sonax Cutmax cuts like a beast, no dusting, but I'm not sure of the finish. Tried Clear Cut according to directions(light pressure then heavy) and didn't get that great of results. I'm going to try it the traditional way I use compounds. What I like most about CC is the easy wipe off.,
    '03 Corvette Z06

4. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    Griot's Fast Correcting cream is awesome! I've hard Sonax Cutmax cuts like a beast, no dusting, but I'm not sure of the finish. Tried Clear Cut according to directions(light pressure then heavy) and didn't get that great of results. I'm going to try it the traditional way I use compounds. What I like most about CC is the easy wipe off.,
    I use Clear Cut the traditional way.

6. Likes msafady1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I also tried Clear Cut a couple of times according to the directions and didn’t get great results.

It seems there’s a learning curve to get it to work right.

I got good cut from it but couldn’t get it to finish good. I’ll have to keep playing with it and trying different pads.

I like the idea of cutting fast and minimizing my polishing/compounding time.

Post Thanks / Like

When some of you say wipe off can be a pain or difficult is that because it's only or because it's hard to remove from drying out?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone try polish angel master compound??

Post Thanks / Like

From Autopia:

This review is going to be for the Polish Angel Master Compound that I received in the giveaway.

Description.

Polish Angel Master Compound corrects unsightly swirls marks, scratches, oxidation, and other imperfections in your vehicle’s paint. This advanced formula is designed to bring out the vivid color and clarity that made you fall in love with your vehicle to begin with. Polish Angel Master Compound is completely dust-free and features a long working time for optimal results.

When it’s time for a serious compounding, you want a product that provides serious results, and Polish Angel Master Compound is that product. Containing a mixture of super micro-abrasives and diminishing abrasives, Polish Angel Master Compound quickly corrects up to 1500 grit sanding marks in some cases leaving the surface LSP ready. The versatile formula can be applied by hand or using a machine polisher.

Polish Angel Master Compound provides incredible results faster than other similar products can. The long working time allows you to achieve the results you’re looking for using less product, and your wallet will appreciate that! Correct swirl marks, oxidation, water spots, scratches, and other defects with Polish Angel Master Compound.

For this test I will be using a BOSS microfiber cutting pad on my G21 set to speed 5. The test subject is a beat up Ford Flex. Upon opening the package I noticed that the sent appeared to be kinda creamsicle like smell. One to note is when applying the product to the pad to be careful because it`s a bit liquidity in nature. I applied 4 drops to the microfiber pad and began working. The product spread thin, far and easily. The working time was great and it doesn`t seem to clog up the fibers in the pad. Wipe off was a breeze.

Now the good stuff. This compound corrected very well and the finish using a microfiber cutting pad was unreal! I was expecting a little haze which is normal. But none was detected! The product is a little pricey but I really think I will be adding this to the lineup!
    Can search over there, a few threads about it, some with pics.

11. Likes DetailTrail liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    Anyone try polish angel master compound??

See above from Autopia

Post Thanks / Like

Griots fast correcting creme is great. Just ordered clear cut to try.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    Is it not getting a little dated now? These newer polishes are using better abrasives then the diminishing abrasive they use in fg400? I don't know if its been updated but I think I would rather have something with sub micron abrasives or nano or smat?
    FG is and "agglomerated" abrasive. The micro abrasives are clumped together and are broken into a non diminishing polish.

So, no, FG isn't dated.

Meguiars M105 Ultra Cut Compound vs. Menzerna FG400 Fast Gloss Compound

15. Likes PaulMys liked this post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast