autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Ozone Generator information really needed

Hello! I am going to test your Ozone generator knowledge. So I have been looking for ozone generators for a bit now. I looked here and the answers were VERY vague. They would say I got a small unit .. I ran it in the car for 10 minutes .. others for an hour or two. So I think the main thing that would determine that would be the output its rated at.

so I have a few questions.

First, if you use an Ozone generator, how long do you put it in the car for and what is the output of the generator?

Second, I have heard that it MUST be used on an absolutely dry interior otherwise it will interact with the moisture and form some kind of weak acid and change color of fabrics or something (this is different that running it too long). Anyone have experience with this?

Third, EVERY tutorial I have seen shows the unit outside of the car with a hose going into the window. They say that this HAS to be done to allow fresh air to go in the machine and then be converted into Ozone. I guess shutting the machine in the car doesn't give it the fresh air it needs to convert to ozone. But a lot of these machines I see online do NOT have a place for a hose, so putting these machines in the car with no source of air to convert doesn't seem to make sense and seems it would defeat the purpose.

Thanks for any help with this guys!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ozone Generator information really needed

You run it with the window open a couple inches for the fresh air source

Most the small units are 3500-6000 mg/hr rating. Many have timers around 120 minutes. 4000 mg/hr is allegedly able to do around 4500 sq/ft

You need to run it in the car till the odor is gone if it’s just maintenance I would do like 30 mins.

I’m no expert but have had one for a few years and used them on homes and cars worked pretty well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Likes DetailedByPrecision liked this post