autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Polish Angel Master Sealant...

Polish Angel Master Sealant

Sealant that lasts up to one year...

Really..?

I'm liking the sound of this. Has anyone gotten a year out of this?

Tom
    Mr Tommy's
    Wash, Buff, Wax

Post Thanks / Like

This is one of those “ymmv” things Tom. It really depends on what kind of conditions the vehicle is used and stored in, as well as what kind of ongoing maintenance it might receive.

Polish Angel products are awesome and I don’t have any doubt that Master Sealant COULD go a year. If one prepped the paint with their recommended Escalate Lotion it might help with the longevity. Then again just starting with properly cleaned and prepped paint should also help.

Here’s an idea to consider... how about using Duragloss 601 underneath Master Sealant to increase (in theory) it’s durability?
    ​Al Schmidt
    "Adventure, is a car called Riviera..."

3. Thanks TMQ thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Polish Angel Master Sealant...

It can last a year but that doesn't mean contamination and traffic film isn't going to bond to it. Same thing with a coating. It will be there after a year but it will be under all the road film.

I think it's safe to say none of us are going to go year without doing anything to the vehicle

I bought a bottle though I'm going to use it on my father's truck memorial day weekend. I used mckees 37 paint sealant on it about 6 months ago. It's still on there but it needs to be polished.

Imo after a while you can't get the grime off the lsp without taking the lsp with it

5. Thanks TMQ thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I always cut the manufacturers claim by 50% and I’m happy. Everything depends on conditions. You wouldn’t compare a garage queen to a daily driver would you?

7. Thanks TMQ thanked for this post
    Likes custmsprty, Ronin47 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I put Master Sealant on my Ford Explorer when I bought it in February and it isnt as glossy or hydrophobic as it once was. Doesn't mean the protection is gone, but doesn't look as good. It is my daily driver and washed weekly, but it does sleep in a garage every night. I'd say a year is a bit of a stretch, but all depends on a lot of different variables.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Autogeekonline mobile app

9. Thanks TMQ thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I take any durability claims by manufacture as a grain of salt..there are many factors to consider when product is used in real world scenario so durability claims i don't buy into them..Polish Angels products are good but for me they look good initially but doesnt last long..
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality." - Ayn Ran

11. Thanks TMQ thanked for this post
    Likes DETAILROOKIE liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nix View Post
    I take any durability claims by manufacture as a grain of salt..there are many factors to consider when product is used in real world scenario so durability claims i don't buy into them..Polish Angels products are good but for me they look initially but doesnt last long..
    Most LSP’s even coatings lose that wow look they have upon completion after the first wash.

13. Thanks TMQ thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nix View Post
    I take any durability claims by manufacture as a grain of salt..there are many factors to consider when product is used in real world scenario so durability claims i don't buy into them..Polish Angels products are good but for me they look initially but doesnt last long..
    Exactly. You'll never know for sure how durability will really turn out until you actually try it in your climate and your situation. Some things can be estimated by finding others experiences in similar conditions and usage but that's still just an educated guess.

We have 3 cars with considerably different usage patterns; all protected with same set of products.

Car 1 will likely get to 3 years (if not longer) before needing to be completely redone.

Car 2 will likely never need to be redone.

Car 3 will get to 2 years at the most before needing to be redone.

Car 1 is about 5500 miles a year, no freeway, sits outside from April thru November but only really driven daily November thru April, short trips, no freeway.

Car 2 is daily driver in nice weather, April thru November, usually no-rain days only, always garaged, 5500 miles a year, rarely freeway.

Car 3 is year round daily driver, generally always garaged, 20k miles a year, 95% freeway.

All are in NE Ohio.

Same protection, varying usage far different likely outcomes. Freeway use, especially during winter, is very, very hard on a vehicles finish.

Having seen a lot of faded cars last time I was in Arizona, I'm guessing they have a whole different kind of nightmare to deal with, entire different set of circumstances to cope with.

Florida apparently has acid-filled Love Bugs that can etch paint if left for too long...another nightmare entirely.

Point being, no claims listed on a box can even begin to adequately predict longevity.

It's the ultimate YMMV scenario.

15. Thanks TMQ thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a few posts on here regarding the Polish Angel Viking coat. Got about 19 months on my daily driver. And that’s surviving road brine and salt through the winter. The car never has seen a touch less car wash until near the end of its life. The biggest thing I noticed was the fall out on the flat surfaces roof hood etc. Those spots were reapplied around then 12 month mark. But I don’t think thats avoidable. The sides were still the original first coat. Beading was good. But its definitely time to re apply once the weather warms up.Polish Angel Master Sealant...-img_0377-jpg The second photo is a picture of my family members daily driver I did his car around the same time as my first coat so about 19 months. He enjoys the popular 4.50 car washes in Michigan at least 2 times a week, it’s held up ok.Polish Angel Master Sealant...-img_0378-jpgPolish Angel Master Sealant...-img_0380-jpgPolish Angel Master Sealant...-img_0379-jpg

17. Thanks TMQ thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TMQ View Post
    Polish Angel Master Sealant

Sealant that lasts up to one year...

Really..?

I'm liking the sound of this. Has anyone gotten a year out of this?

Tom
    I had it and used it quite a bit. As for lasting 1 year....doubtful. I had to get rid of my PA Sealant because after 2 years it turned into a liquid and not a cream no matter how long I shook the thing. but it is a great sealant. But after knowing the shelf life isn't that long I use Menzerna Powerlock.
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

19. Thanks TMQ thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast