autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Car Cover Dilemma...

I wonder how often the annoying air pump runs to keep it inflated 24 hours a day / 7 days a week.

No too mention: $721.05 - $850.25 retail price

I just watched a video on it, they drag it all over the car setting it up which defeats the marring issues. And two little micro fans run all the time to keep it inflated.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Well, trying something new while I still don't have an indoor parking option. Bought set of 'gust guard' like products (essentially clamps and bungee cords) to tie the cover down and reduce flapping in the wind. May also try lining big panels with a microfiber sheet before putting the cover on top. Will see whether things get any better!

Post Thanks / Like

Get some lashing straps and put them around the areas that balloon up in the wind. I had to use two to wrap around the truck with a total of four, One set where the windshield meets the hood and another set just behind the cab as even with the gust guards the hood and roof would billow. The straps eliminated that and has not allowed the blowing dust/dirt to get to those areas.

Car Cover Dilemma...-lashing-straps-jpg

Dave

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I know this is an older thread but relevant for me since I started using a car cover on the wife's car and it is a lot of work.. There is no way to cover an SUV without dragging the cover across the paint when your by yourself. Luckily the top is all glass but that still leaves the hood and sides to contend with. The other night she showed me this and if I hadn't just purchased the blockit cover, I think I would have gone this route. I still might. Has any one seen this or have one? It is called a lanmodo automatic car tent. Cant say I like the thing sitting on the painted top, especially if its soft but in my case it would be on glass.

Car Cover Dilemma...-zpl5_1-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a sail boat experiment. What happens in the wind ?

Dave

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

There are straps you place in the door opening then close the door on them to secure them. The videos I've found show it fairly stable in wind (probably not hurricane) and bricks being dropped on it (interesting to me because we have pines cones that fall from 60' pine trees... she has dents already from that)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the suggestions. I have been using the ties to keep the cover tighter. I think it's helping somewhat, but just slowing down the rate of damage not stopping it. Definitely flaps a lot less in the wind. Very noticeable difference into terms of how much the cover moves when there's a breeze.

Ultimately I have found a new garage and plan to store it indoors again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by canopus View Post
    Sorry I know this is an older thread but relevant for me since I started using a car cover on the wife's car and it is a lot of work.. There is no way to cover an SUV without dragging the cover across the paint when your by yourself. Luckily the top is all glass but that still leaves the hood and sides to contend with. The other night she showed me this and if I hadn't just purchased the blockit cover, I think I would have gone this route. I still might. Has any one seen this or have one? It is called a lanmodo automatic car tent. Cant say I like the thing sitting on the painted top, especially if its soft but in my case it would be on glass.

Car Cover Dilemma...-zpl5_1-jpg
    Not to be disrespectful in any way, But if my wife showed me that, I would have simply said this: Why not just buy a ground contact tent system, and forget all the hassles?
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123