autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

P&S/Renny Doyle Double Black Interior Products (Terminator, Carpet Bomber, Finisher) - Feedback?

I recently ran out of Optimum Carpet Cleaner & Protector and wanted to try something stronger this time. After doing some research, I decided to order the Renny Double 3-part kit kit (Terminator, Carpet Bomber and Finisher). Does anyone have experience with this line-up?

Thanks.

2. Likes fly07sti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

P&S/Renny Doyle Double Black Interior Products (Terminator, Carpet Bomber, Finisher) - Feedback?

I bought a gallon of the Carpet Bomber and have been using it @ the highest recommended dilution of 5:1.

It’s been kinda hard for me to form a definitive opinion about it so far, but I’m leaning towards nay. Reason being is that it sort of leaves my floormatts sort of dark instead of bright and clean.

Here’s an example after 1 thorough cleaning using a scrub brush + wet/dry vac + towels to mop up.

Before:

After:

The fibers look and feel a bit matted after using the Carpet Bomber. I think the citrus in it could be the cause of it. I tried another cleaner with citrus derivatives in it [Britemax Grimeout] and it was horrible on carpets leaving them undoubtedly sticky and overall left them worse than before. This isn’t anywhere near that bad and honestly I shouldn’t even mention them in the same sentence... But there’s a hint of those results in this bottle, and my 1st thought points to the “Citrus”.

IMO Megs D101 APC does a better job.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: P&S/Renny Doyle Double Black Interior Products (Terminator, Carpet Bomber, Finisher) - Feedback?

Interesting. I wonder if the dark spots are leftover from the stains. Did you try pre-treating the dark spots with their Terminator product or something similar?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: P&S/Renny Doyle Double Black Interior Products (Terminator, Carpet Bomber, Finisher) - Feedback?

Quote Originally Posted by The Critic View Post
    Interesting. I wonder if the dark spots are leftover from the stains. Did you try pre-treating the dark spots with their Terminator product or something similar?
    I don’t have the Tarminator. I wouldn’t doubt it would provide better results, but I never need more than 1 step when using Megs APC.

Megs D101 just knocks it all out and leaves carpets bright & clean.

Before.

After.

I’ve yet to get results even approaching this from the Carpet Bomber. This is the 2nd or 3rd dedicated carpet & upholstery cleaning product that I’ve tried in hopes of stepping my game up and so far they’ve all been downgrades.

Post Thanks / Like

Hang on, I’ve just discovered something interesting. I’ll post the details in a bit.

7. Likes The Critic, Maxreed241 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok so I’m detailing the interior of a Toyota Land Cruiser with nasty beat to heck carpet matts when suddenly this Carpet Bomber decides to redeem itself and give me a Wow moment...

Ok so have a look at this carpet on the bottom. I made the mistake of not taking a pic of the top piece before trying the product because I honestly didn’t expect much to happen... But it was completely stained all in the middle of it hardcore.

I sprayed the Carpet Bomber @5:1 and really sprayed it like it’s named, no cute little spritz like in their video, but like a true carpet bomb! And rubbed it in by hand just like you would Folex and let it dwell... Dwelled for 6 min. Notice anything different?

This stuff is cleaning the stain without even touching it with anything. All on its own!

Crazy. I’m impressed. I’ve changed my mind about this stuff. Spray it heavy and let it dwell. Scrub, vac, mop up. Wow.P&S/Renny Doyle Double Black Interior Products (Terminator, Carpet Bomber, Finisher) - Feedback?

Post Thanks / Like

I’m glad it worked out for you Ric. I have the whole system but have yet to use it. When I was at DF they told/showed me after all the cleaning to hit it with the peroxide spray and it made the carpet feel better and dried better.

10. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    I’m glad it worked out for you Ric. I have the whole system but have yet to use it. When I was at DF they told/showed me after all the cleaning to hit it with the peroxide spray and it made the carpet feel better and dried better.
    Yea I’m sort of interested in the peroxide spray myself. Fair price on it too. Hats off to Renny Doyle for providing solid product at good value. Much appreciated.

Btw this was the next pic I took of those matts. Scrubbed & cleaned, but not dry yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Just as a reminder that when suing the Double Black line its best to use all three as a three stage process. Terminator will be your step 1 followed by carpet bomber as step 2 and finally Finisher for your final spray treatment. You will have you best results with all three but as you can see carpet bomber on its own is pretty good.

Now I will say that with the DB interior line is best when used with steam and there will be less of the leftover residue from Carpet Bomber
    Official Detailing Team Member of Air Force One
    Flex 3401 / Flex PE8 / Rupes 21 / G110v2 / GG6" / Rupes 75E / GG3"
    Click and Like my Facebook Page

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Evan.J View Post
    Just as a reminder that when suing the Double Black line its best to use all three as a three stage process. Terminator will be your step 1 followed by carpet bomber as step 2 and finally Finisher for your final spray treatment. You will have you best results with all three but as you can see carpet bomber on its own is pretty good.

Now I will say that with the DB interior line is best when used with steam and there will be less of the leftover residue from Carpet Bomber
    Have you fine tuned your process? Do you like to use the Carpet Bomber heavy as opposed to light the way they recommend in their videos? How long do you like to let it dwell?

On the 3rd step, it’s just spray and let dry on its own?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast