autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Microfiber detergent

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Best of all your bottle of microfiber detergent is off limits to everyone else in your household because there’s no reason anyone should even be thinking of using your microfiber detergent for anything.

Its nice to know you won’t suddenly reach for your bottle of detergent only to find out someone else somehow went through the whole bottle and you’re screwed and can’t wash your towels.
    Is MF detergent a better prewash than APC for pads? I've been using Dawn to prewash my pads and it works pretty well, especially to rid paste wax residue from the pad. I have multiple pad cleaners which smell pretty wicked (i.e. strong) and they are considerably more expensive than APC or MF detergent. If I prewash my pads I feel the dedicated pad cleaner has a better chance of finishing the job.

Post Thanks / Like

I went the opposite direction. I was low on pad cleaner, and I used what I had left to clean some sealant pads. It didn't do a great job, so I soaked them in Towel Kleen. I went back a little later to agitate/rinse, and the sealant was mostly gone. So the 3D did great finishing the job. I've tried Dawn in the past and didn't get nearly as good results.

3. Likes custmsprty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see why free and clear doesn't still have a place in the laundry room for MF towels?

For towels specific for: drying only, or wash mitts/pads, or QD or QW sprays it seems that free and clear is more than capable of getting them totally clean.

For waxes, sealants and polishes that are more prone to gumming up MF towels, then the heavier cleaning ability of MF detergent steps up to the plate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by evo77 View Post
    I don't see why free and clear doesn't still have a place in the laundry room for MF towels?

For towels specific for: drying only, or wash mitts/pads, or QD or QW sprays it seems that free and clear is more than capable of getting them totally clean.

For waxes, sealants and polishes that are more prone to gumming up MF towels, then the heavier cleaning ability of MF detergent steps up to the plate.
    In my case, I simply hate clutter. If mf detergent does a better job at breaking down more stubborn residue in towels, it probably does a better job at cleaning other residues as well. I may as well just use it for everything.

Considering how cheap 3d towel kleen is, I haven’t been able to justify a 3rd gallon of detergent sitting around. If you use free and clear on your clothes anyway this particular annoyance probably doesn’t apply to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve been using 3D Towel Kleen for several years now, and I haven’t needed search for any other. It does what it says it does, and at a Great price!

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

7. Likes custmsprty, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by willowcat11 View Post
    I’ve been using 3D Towel Kleen for several years now, and I haven’t needed search for any other. It does what it says it does, and at a Great price!

I have yet to find a 3D product that didn't meet or exceed my expectations.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

9. Likes Coopers ST liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by evo77 View Post

Free and Clear is probably OK. I used to swear by it but I noticed it was not getting wax out of towels as well as purpose-built MF (in my case, 3D and CG) detergent did. I did some tests to satisfy my own curiosity.

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    In my case, I simply hate clutter. If mf detergent does a better job at breaking down more stubborn residue in towels, it probably does a better job at cleaning other residues as well. I may as well just use it for everything.

Considering how cheap 3d towel kleen is, I haven’t been able to justify a 3rd gallon of detergent sitting around. If you use free and clear on your clothes anyway this particular annoyance probably doesn’t apply to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It is cheap, $17.99/gal -25% if you get it at the right time (I ordered another gallon this week, even though I just started on a gallon I had) reduces the price to $13.50/gal if you wait for a 25% sale.

Quote Originally Posted by willowcat11 View Post

Paraphrasing, but "find something you like and use it."

11. Likes PaulMys, willowcat11 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Microfiber detergent

Quote Originally Posted by Route246 View Post
    Is MF detergent a better prewash than APC for pads? I've been using Dawn to prewash my pads and it works pretty well, especially to rid paste wax residue from the pad. I have multiple pad cleaners which smell pretty wicked (i.e. strong) and they are considerably more expensive than APC or MF detergent. If I prewash my pads I feel the dedicated pad cleaner has a better chance of finishing the job.
    Good question, I haven’t tried it out for that purpose vs. pad cleaners/degreasers on pads/applicators which have been used to apply lsps. I’m actually in need of something good for that very thing atm. I’ve got several fairly new Meguiars yellow foam applicators that need cleaning. I don’t like the idea of throwing them in with any of my microfiber wash loads so it’s going to have to be done in a bucket. My 1st thought was pad cleaner/degreaser but I might give the TK a try on half of them to see how it works.

I have some of the Meguiars Dynacone Cleaner. I bet that’ll kick some arse and get em clean like nothing else.Microfiber detergent

13. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I wish I had found this thread before buying a MF detergent that costs as much as Towel Kleen, except for a quart instead of a gallon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1500canoe View Post
    I wish I had found this thread before buying a MF detergent that costs as much as Towel Kleen, except for a quart instead of a gallon
    Not sure how much you need of your other stuff, but this I used two oz and think I used too much. I will try 1.5 oz next wash.
    ​1991 BRG Miata
    Brad's Detailed Touch
    https://www.facebook.com/Bradsdetailedtouch1

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast