autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Building managment banned washing cars

Recently my building management banned washing car in premises. Their rationale was people wash cars and leave dirty water on the ground and over time it builds up and area looks dirty. Alternative to washing car was suggested and it is wipe-down (wipe dirty car with a wet towel). Wipe down method is the worst way possible to clean a car. Now I am in a pickle as to what to do. I live in a highly polluted city and to make things worse, there is a lot of dust in parking area. For example, if I clean my car on Sunday afternoon, by Monday morning 10 AM there is a visible thin layer of dust on windscreen.

Does rinse less method clean the surface enough to apply wax? What do I do in this situation? How do I adjust my cleaning technique?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Building managment banned washing cars

Go to a friend's house perhaps. Purchase a handheld pressure sprayer. Fill with ONR. Have a bucket filled with ONR and a bunch of quality microfiber towels. Spray your vehicle first, use one towel per panel. Dry with a towel such as drymeariver microfiber towel. Then apply your favorite was or sealant. You could also wash at a car wash with the two bucket method. Hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post
    Recently my building management banned washing car in premises. Their rationale was people wash cars and leave dirty water on the ground and over time it builds up and area looks dirty. Alternative to washing car was suggested and it is wipe-down (wipe dirty car with a wet towel). Wipe down method is the worst way possible to clean a car. Now I am in a pickle as to what to do. I live in a highly polluted city and to make things worse, there is a lot of dust in parking area. For example, if I clean my car on Sunday afternoon, by Monday morning 10 AM there is a visible thin layer of dust on windscreen.

Does rinse less method clean the surface enough to apply wax? What do I do in this situation? How do I adjust my cleaning technique?

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

You are describing a perfect situation for Rinseless Wash. there is no reason you can’t apply wax afterward. Lots of good tutorials on YouTube from competent detailers. Try looking for Gary Dean Wash Method.

4. Likes yakky liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is the perfect example for using Ammo Frothe. I have been trying this stuff out for the past month or so and it performs awesome. It's a foaming waterless wash.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

6. Likes irvsmith liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You should sue them for infringing on your right to wash your car. It's supposed to be a free country and you cant even wash your car. They cash your check every month though. Any discount for taking away your rights?

8. Likes UncleDavy, Coopers ST liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post

I had this argument with my mother a few months ago. She is the president of her condo association and she takes her job very seriously to the point of being the condo Nazi. Her neighbor has a Lexus and he wants to keep the car clean but the condo bylaws prevent car washing of any kind. I suggested a rinseless or a waterless wash and I described the process. My mother interjected and quite strongly repeated, "NO CAR WASHING OF ANY KIND." Check with your condo association or perhaps attend your next condo board meeting and ask them. If they are completely against a waterless or rinseless wash, then I would suggest getting two sealable 5 gallon buckets. Fill them each with 3 gallons of water. Drive to an empty parking lot or a local park. Find a shady spot and rinseless wash away. While you are in the shade go ahead and put a coat of wax on your ride.

10. Likes Hammer77, PaulMys, Rmd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The place would look worse with a car lot full of nasty unwashed cars! Bring this up at the HOA meeting. Grab some McKees 914 and a bunch of good rinseless wash towels and find a place where you can do a good wash. A coin op wash place usually has some area to wipe down your car and also good if your car is too dirty to do a waterless wash without a pre-rinse.

12. Likes ScottH liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I once lived in a complex that had a car washing area with a hose hook up. All they asked was that the area was kept clean, no loud music and be respectful of the other residents. Sometimes there was a line to wash your car but not that often.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Frank70 View Post
    I once lived in a complex that had a car washing area with a hose hook up. All they asked was that the area was kept clean, no loud music and be respectful of the other residents. Sometimes there was a line to wash your car but not that often.
    That's exactly what i have at my complex....A car wash bay in the underground garage with a hose that i can connect my foam gun to... i love it.

Post Thanks / Like

Just so everybody is clear, you don't actually have a constitutional right to wash your car. So that argument is what we like to call specious.

16. Likes dcjredline liked this post
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast