autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best Brand Top to Bottom

At this stage of trying different products I think my favorite brands are Gyeon and Meguiar's. Everything I've used from both brands works very well. The only product from Gyeon that was just OK was Bathe Essence. Other than that, Wet Coat is great, Prep is great, Instant Detailer is great.

For business purposes, Gyeon is probably not the most ideal. But I'm finding all of their products work at a high level.

Griot's is another good one. 3 in 1 is fantastic. My only small complaint with it is the beading isn't quite up there and it leaves the surface with a more oily/waxy feel likely due to the carnauba blended in. I found Griot's Car Wash (not brilliant) to be average.

I like Optimum, but I've struggled with their products. They likely take more time I'm willing to invest in to get the results I want. I found Opti-Seal to be ridiculously weak, Hyper-Seal is just a bit better than OS as reviews keep coming in, Opti-Clean is streaky compared to similar products. Their soap is good but I like Reset and Hyper-Wash better.

Two brands on my radar that are intriguing to me - Polish Angel and 3D.

My .02.

2. Likes chilly, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

BLACKFIRE Too. I like the fact the products are 32oz sizes!
    2018 Colorado ZR2

4. Likes CleanIT, chilly, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In terms of high quality and completeness... I'd say 3D takes the prize. Over the years, at least in forums, 3D is spoken of very well with far less issues or concerns compared to any other brand. Now mind you, I don't even use 3D products - never have. It just has this reputation that seems to cater to the masses, boutique or otherwise.

6. Likes chilly, CleanIT, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mwoolfso View Post
    In terms of high quality and completeness... I'd say 3D takes the prize. Over the years, at least in forums, 3D is spoken of very well with far less issues or concerns compared to any other brand. Now mind you, I don't even use 3D products - never have. It just has this reputation that seems to cater to the masses, boutique or otherwise.
    That's what I have heard as well. In time I'll likely try them. I'd like to try Bead It Up and their Waterless Wash.

8. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mwoolfso View Post
    3D products are definitely top-notch.

Speed is an amazing product, as is Towel Kleen. Just to name two that I use the most.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

10. Likes CleanIT, chilly, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post

Speed is an amazing product, as is Towel Kleen. Just to name two that I use the most.
    As is 3D degreasers, no harsh smell, and very effective cleaning. The one I am most familiar with is the Orange Citrus Degreaser 109. My wife keeps stealing it from me for cleaning certain things around the house, it works so good.

12. Likes chilly, CleanIT, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post

Their ACA compound is very good. 3D One is not bad.

Their coating is ok. Hope they tweak the formula to be more hydrophobic and have a better self cleaning effect.

14. Likes chilly, PaulMys, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If money no object I’d say Polish Angel. I just can’t bring myself to spend that kind of money on cleaning products.... LSP’s.... no problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Likes chilly, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    If money no object I’d say Polish Angel. I just can’t bring myself to spend that kind of money on cleaning products.... LSP’s.... no problem

Yeah, $20 for 7 tablespoons of car soap is out of my price range and sanity range as well

Any time the sprayer is bigger than the bottle of product I think things have gone a bit nutty

As good as this stuff may be it’s in the realm of bragging rights products in my opinion

To each his own

Post Thanks / Like

For me, not one brand will ever be considered my favorite or the best. Many brands make high quality products but not every single product is a home run. Griots Garage, Meguiars Professional Line and 3D are my favorites.
    I believe in treating everybody with respect, and clean cars. That’s what I believe in.

19. Likes chilly, CleanIT liked this post
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast