autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best Brand Top to Bottom

Quote Originally Posted by JDGolden View Post
    The Blackfire iron remover works as well as every other I’ve tried. Gyeon, sonax, Adam’s, mckees, carpro etc.
    Yeah i was going to order a gallon of Iron X but with the last BF 40% off sale I decided to give this and there paint prep a try.

The IR works just as good as Iron X.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

If I had only one brand to choose from it would be Blackfire.
    Although I have nothing bad to say about Meguiars.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    That is why I moved from both of those to Optimum Power Clean. It's pretty expensive, but It's also very effective. Nowhere near as "hot" as D101 or MultiX. Fumes aren't as intense either.

We use D101 and MultiX at work though. One of our techs burned plastic a few times with it.
    The Rude one is back!!!! Yesssssss!!!!
    CHRIS Aka Waxmaster

Post Thanks / Like

There is a lot of redundancy in this industry aimed at hooking us all. And it seems to be working.

"Try our latest Sio2 Seatbelt Cleaner!"

5. Thanks DUBL0WS6 thanked for this post
    Likes dwaleke, chilly, Prange, DFB, Craig Encinitas and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd vote Duragloss as the most complete, affordable brand. I have favorites from several different brands.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DUBL0WS6 View Post
    I'd vote Duragloss as the most complete, affordable brand. I have favorites from several different brands.
    Yes, you are right!

Post Thanks / Like

With all the hit and miss products that manufactures puts out..Car Pro has the best average. There are more products that I like than dislike.

9. Likes CleanIT, DFB, Craig Encinitas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Autobahnd View Post
    If Meguiar's made their Professional Detailer lineup a little more premium, they'd get the easy nod from me. There's affordable pricing, and then there's pricing that's so low that it makes you question what's wrong with the product.

Two Meguiar's products that fall into the "priced too low" category for me are D101 APC and D140 Wheel Brightener. My wholesale price for a gallon of D101 is $13. Compare that to CarPro Multi X, which is $74 for me. That's an insane discrepancy for two products with similar dilutions. It makes you immediately think - "why is a product like D101 priced so low?". Is it the product safety? I know D101 has a 3 NFPA Health Hazard rating, which is extremely high for a simple APC and is one reason I no longer buy it. Pricing gives off a very powerful message, and I think if Meguiar's replaced a few products with products at slightly higher price points, it'd do them a world of good for their brand image.

As far as CarPro, a giant red flag for me is the fact that their SDS sheets aren't readily available online. After peeling back the labels on some of their products to read the health hazard warnings, I think I understand why. Some pretty intense health hazard warnings
    I get the price angle, we all want a bargain but "you get what you pay for" is generally true as well

What I don't get with Meguiars and others like it are the layers of "classes" of products

I can see a professional line with larger containers but to me all the rest of the different levels are pointless and costs US money in the long run due to the need for 5 different labels and bottles for 5 different products that are essentially the same with changes in color or scent

Choices are good but sometimes it gets paralyzing trying to sort out 5 possible selection of a single product from the same company, much less the competition and their 3-4 different but similar choices

I know people want variety, some want a pure shampoo and some want shampoo with gloss; but, do we really need 3-4 levels of this dual product concept

Do "consumers" really want cheaper dumbed down products rather than a product that cleans or polishes or protects at a "professional" level?

I am probably wrong because so many companies approach their marketing strategy this way but it makes zero sense to me

Rant off, my sorry...

11. Likes DFB, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I prefer companies that make only a few products, but focus on making them great vs a company that just throws a million products into the market just for $. I respect Optimum in that regard. Problem I have with OPT is they don't make the greatest water beading products and I can't seem to find an LSP I like from them LOL.

13. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJNinja View Post
    I prefer companies that make only a few products, but focus on making them great vs a company that just throws a million products into the market just for $
    ^^^^^This^^^^^

This is one reason I like OPT and 3D and I hope Mike keeps that minimalist philosophy in mind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Likes CleanIT liked this post
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast