autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Help !!!! Im So Confused

Please Help...I am confused between Prime, Prime Strong, FK1-215 and FK1 -216...Which is best to use as an all in one product? Do these have abrasives in them so they can not be used once a month? Should I not use these that often and use something in between? If so what should I use? Biggest problem is I dont have a lot of time to spend keeping my car looking good so what is best for me?
    Darren

Post Thanks / Like
    Heck I am confused too Never heard of Prime or a Strong Prime either And I thought I was educated in this crazy car world... looks like I am back to the books!

Post Thanks / Like
    prime + prime strong is by jeff's werkstatt, FK stands for Finish Kare.

I unfortunately haven't tried any of those products nor have I heard much about them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Neothin
    prime + prime strong is by jeff's werkstatt, FK stands for Finish Kare.

I unfortunately haven't tried any of those products nor have I heard much about them.
    Thanks I have heard of FK just not the strong one!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jeff's Werkstatt's Prime, Prime Acrylic and Prime Strong are supposedly updates of Klasse AIO made by CarLack of Germany the company that makes Klasse AIO. Prime is the least abrasive; Prime Acrylic-the same amount of abrasion with more acrylic and Prime Strong is Prime with a little more abrasion. I have not used the Prime products but they are supposedly safe for every time use. FK 1’s 215 is safe for every time use.

Post Thanks / Like
    having used most of the products there, here is my go. Werkstatt, consider the prime or prime strong (which offers more acrylic protection, not just abrasive quality) but use their acrylic glos to keep the surface glossy.

Finish Kare, well I found the sealants (215) to be run of the mill. I am however anamored with the 425 poly spray. While intially it just looks clean, it takes on a much glossier appearance after a couple hours.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    I Vote For AIO.........

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Killrwheels, if not Klasse AIO, Prime products or FK1's 215 which AIO do you recommend?

Post Thanks / Like
    well I just ordered some Prime Acrylic and Acrylic Jett, plus I also have some FK1-425 on the way so I will let you know how it works out when I get everything
    Darren

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Richard
    Killrwheels, if not Klasse AIO, Prime products or FK1's 215 which AIO do you recommend?
    well if I can use my original bottle of Klasse AIO, then its no brainer. Slightly sterile looking but very durable and a good cleaner. Everyone has me afraid to order more for fear it has been diluted so to speak. I use a little Sonus Acrylic or UPP Gloss Enhancer and nice results.

I really liked the Werkstatt products, and still found it to be finicky but much improved. I am hesitating to order Trigger, as I feel it must just be Jett with a sprayer (and mine came with both tops anyways). When Jeff offers his next holiday special, and order is likely especially since I am running low on the acrylic gloss. (much nicer product that Menzerna Acrylic Gloss -- which I cannot use without streaking)

I did not like the 215 as it seemed middle of the road, now I will admit it was a sample and nowhere near as finicky as two above, but the samples took my to their website where I ordered a gallon of 425. I also got some pink wax and found it to be nice in look (like Sig Series, Paste Glaz, Nattys) but it surely smells like it could not be VOC compliant. Who knows .... I would really like to dive into some addtl products within the line as possible.

Scott

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast