autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Losing the willpower

In 2002, I had a cute new girlfriend. That was when I stopped maintaining regularly, and started back up the summer after we split in 2007, which was 2008.

I had a ton of products from the 90's that I just threw in the dumpster.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies, everyone. I think I might try a combination of everyone's suggestions and see how it goes. I do love a clean car, and right now they're both as gross on the interior as they are the exterior. Once I have a nice day where I can get them both cleaned up a bit, I might think differently. It's been a long winter that we haven't been able to break out of in northeast Indiana.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I get it. We have two black Infiniti's. And, you know what Mike Phillip's says, "Black isn't a color. It's a full time job." But, once I got them both spotless and sealed, maintenance washes are a breeze. ONR, Bucket, Grit Guard, Microfiber mitt, and Guzzler towels and I'm done in 30 minutes or less.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KSVT View Post
    Thanks for the replies, everyone. I think I might try a combination of everyone's suggestions and see how it goes. I do love a clean car, and right now they're both as gross on the interior as they are the exterior. Once I have a nice day where I can get them both cleaned up a bit, I might think differently. It's been a long winter that we haven't been able to break out of in northeast Indiana.
    It's all good. Do what you want to do.... maybe you'll get another passion or renew an old one. The great thing is whatever you choose... you'll be right.

Post Thanks / Like

I totally get it. On days I go into work, I'm out the door by 6AM and don't return until 6 PM! Leaves little time for family, with no chance whatsoever of pampering a car.

Luckily I can work from home a few days per week, which allows me to go out during lunch or after I'm finished working. Still, it is hard at times trying to balance work, family life, car care, other hobbies, car/house maintenance, and whatever else tends to pop up.

Don't beat yourself up if you don't have time for you car. Actually, you should probably be thankful that there are other things in your life that are more important

Post Thanks / Like

I always use to wash my brand new Lexus RCF every week and give it a quick interior detail. Now, just because buisness of detailing got busy I have not touched the car for weeks. I have no time to detail my own cars but the fact that I have to drive my clients home sometimes gives me the will power to wash it tommorow lol! Need to set an example with my own car!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro Sam View Post
    I always use to wash my brand new Lexus RCF every week and give it a quick interior detail. Now, just because buisness of detailing got busy I have not touched the car for weeks. I have no time to detail my own cars but the fact that I have to drive my clients home sometimes gives me the will power to wash it tommorow lol! Need to set an example with my own car!
    So true! If you roll up to detail my car in something that looks extremely dirty, I might send you packing

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234