autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: MF towel segregation for laundry

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    Isn't woolite a fabric softener or has 1 built in?
    Good question. No it it isn't/does not. Very ez on delicate EXPENSIVE MF towels and no fabric softener.

Post Thanks / Like

I do one load with grungy and interior towels including glass because these may have particles I don't want touching my paint.

One load with my wash towels and mitts because in case the washer doesn't get all particles out of these, I don't want those particles getting into towels that will touch my paint dry.

One load with my drying and LSP application/removal towels. The LSP towels get put into a bucket of microfiber detergent as soon as I'm done using them and get rinsed out and air dried until I do a load of them with my drying towels. I do this to remove the LSP so it doesn't get absorbed my by drying towels. If I had large enough loads, I'd wash my LSP towels separate but my loads are already small.

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

I wash all of my towels together, I’m a madman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes UncleDavy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    I wash all of my towels together, I’m a madman.

Wash this. Lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Wash this. Lol

I mean.. I’ve washed some pretty grime towels in with my other ones lol.

I’d probably throw that towel out, or soak it in some degreaser and get the bulk of whatever else is on there off of it before I felt okay with mixing it in to the load.

Was that used for metal polishing? Lol. Maybe that would be a new exception for me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post

Was that used for metal polishing? Lol. Maybe that would be a new exception for me

Prepping trim. And yea it’s going to get aquatinted with the metal polishing towels that are sitting in the backyard.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Themikerobe View Post
    I do one load with grungy and interior towels including glass because these may have particles I don't want touching my paint.

One load with my wash towels and mitts because in case the washer doesn't get all particles out of these, I don't want those particles getting into towels that will touch my paint dry.

One load with my drying and LSP application/removal towels. The LSP towels get put into a bucket of microfiber detergent as soon as I'm done using them and get rinsed out and air dried until I do a load of them with my drying towels. I do this to remove the LSP so it doesn't get absorbed my by drying towels. If I had large enough loads, I'd wash my LSP towels separate but my loads are already small.

I like your 3 categories of loads, but the first one kinda confuses me. you mix interior and exterior (wheels/lower end dirty) towels in the 1st load?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by amalik View Post
    I like your 3 categories of loads, but the first one kinda confuses me. you mix interior and exterior (wheels/lower end dirty) towels in the 1st load?
    Yeah, I use the cheap, thin Costco or Sam's Club towels for that category and if they're SUPER oily, I'll just throw them away and if I have several that are really dirty but not trash worthy, I'll pre-soak in APC and lightly rinse before putting in the washer and I wash with a couple extra rinses. Doing this, the load has always been clean enough that I can even use them on glass without the towel causing streaking.

Post Thanks / Like

I use one of those tiny Panda portable electric washers which I just set in my laundry room sink and do everything separate since I'm running small loans. Separate glass, drying, polishing/correcting, interior, and then really dirty MF (cheaper brands) and then good MF that touch paint. Takes a tablespoon of Tide Free detergent per load and I don't waste a lot of water. The wash cycle runs 10 minutes max, and I can run it as many times as needed after changing the water for really dirty stuff. If I have polish/compound/wax on the towels, I'll add Griot's MF cleaner to the Tide Free. I have plenty of towels so I'll run a small load when I have ten towels of the same type to wash.

I throw the clean towels from the Panda into my full size washer and run a rinse/spin cycle only. Then I dry on ultra low for 20 minutes and then hang to dry the rest of the way overnight. Cheap towels I dry all the way in the dryer which takes 40 minutes. My ultra low setting is barely warm.

Post Thanks / Like

I wash all mine together, if a towel is super dirty I pitch it, but I use the heavy duty setting with steam and an extra rinse and they always come out perfect. I never let my car get too dirty where a towel is really dirty though, and I use ones I consider "disposable" (Kirkland) on things like exhaust tips or wheel barrels.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12