autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Rupes Mille Polishes

I've got a Rupes Mille polisher on the way, and I'm super excited. I was able to order a litre of the white ultra fine grade, but AG doesn't even stock 250 ml bottles of the Mille coarse or fine. At least not yet. Has anyone used other brand or other Rupes polishes with the Mille polisher yet, and were the results satisfactory, or perhaps even superior to the Mille "system" gel polishes?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes Mille Polishes

CarPro Clear Cut, Menzerna, Meguiars, Pinnacle all have worked well for me on the Mille to date. Because the Rupes tools are designed to be used as a 'system' if things aren't turning out how you want them using a different pad or product its best (& this is in no way fool proof) to revert back to the 'system' approach.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Aaryn!
    I was considering trying the "Pinnacle Twins" with it. Do the other polishes you've tried run smooth, and how's the work time?

4. Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have used the Mille polishes and pads they were very effective blue and yellow. Then I used Jescar and also the results were excellent. Seems to be what polish with what pad is the key. The 5.3mm plus forced rotation and 14 orbits per rotation is very nice. I used Lake Country Thin Pro's with Jescar. Lake Country ThinPro Foam Pad System

6. Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minirips2 View Post
    Thanks, Aaryn!
    I was considering trying the "Pinnacle Twins" with it. Do the other polishes you've tried run smooth, and how's the work time?
    No problem minirips2.

Pinnacle make great stuff no doubt. I'm pretty confident I am the only one down here in NZ who uses Pinnacles compounds, polishes & waxes, (by the time I have them in my possession I'm looking at over $400 USD a gallon) not that that matters but hey - if you can get them easy they are super nice to work with.

Meguiars M101 always seems to great for me, probably the least fussy of any compound I've used, Menzerna is consistently good & since its release CarPros Clear Cut compound has served me well. As for working times, I believe this all depends on many variables. Paint, Pads, Polishes, atmospheric conditions etc.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

8. Likes fly07sti liked this post